Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Completely OT: Is this okay for a guy?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    You are asking the wrong crowd.  He is not aiming to impress us.

Do the women he brings home like it?  When I was single impressing the ladies was 1st, my friends a distant 4th.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    txhawkeye said:
    Ridiculous...his wall, his sign in his home...nobody else's effing business. Try to tell me how to decorate my own house and the only other thing you will see there is the door.
    Perhaps his mother gave it to him and what is more manly than keeping mom happy?
    Perhaps a potential girlfriend gave it to him and he is trying to make her happy?
    Perhaps it makes him happy?
    Perhaps I really don't care either way.

Still not ok!!
    Sure it is. Again, not your house.
    Wouldn't it have been easier to just say "hey, I have this sign too!"?
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    I don't think I would hang it up in my house, but my wife maybe.  Now I have this I am going to frame a some point and hang in my basement/man cave.
    The term "man cave" is for the guy who's woman rules the house to the point that she has <lemphasis> let <emphasis> him claim one room for himself.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Strong move on his part,  if he doesn't want to stay single. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Hibby said:
    The term "man cave" is for the guy who's woman rules the house...
    Sooo...every married guy? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Actually, I have this:

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I don't think I would hang it up in my house, but my wife maybe.  Now I have this I am going to frame a some point and hang in my basement/man cave.
    personally, I think man caves are over-rated. I prefer to think I own the whole Castle. Yes, she has her space, but it is still my Castle and I am King.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    @onedbguru.. Does you wife ever read any of your posts.. =)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @epcotisbest I have a number of Blue Dogs too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • epcotisbest
    Options
    @epcotisbest I have a number of Blue Dogs too.
    My favorite artist. Met him and his wife Wendy several years before he died. Don't know why Blue Dog appealed to my wife and I but it does. Ever see the Blue Dog Hawg?
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    @onedbguru and Hibby, my man cave is the whole basement, but I have say of what goes on the main house top.  The man cave to me is a place to get away from the wife and kid, but the kid has invaded mine with is toys.  I just thought the poster was funny and would be interesting to see what people think. I am currently building my home theater in one part of it so all will enjoy it.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @epcotisbest that BlueDigHog is very cool!  My wife and I both love his art.  My wife is who showed me my first Blue Dog while we were in New Orleans.

Pretty neat you got to meet him!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Myself and other real men, would take that sign down off the wall, take it out back, hang it up backwards and spray paint a bulls eye on the back, then use it for archery practice. 
    After that. push it back another 600-700 yards and dial in our scopes with our 7mm.
    After that we would light it, wait for good smoke, and cook bacon while swilling copious amounts of bourbon.
    That shtuff should never hang on a wall, unless it was there to conceal a picture of you, while wearing an apron (which clashes with your shirt an pants, assuming you would be wearing them) standing in front of  a Ford, with a Yeti on it, while holding a glass of wine.
    Even then, when people see it, they will know something has gone horribly wrong in your life for you to feel that needs to be placed on a wall on the home in which you live. 
    It does make sense to put it on a wall on the inside of the home. Fewer people will know about your issues.
    If it were outside, people would avoid that house like the plague, the children would have nobody to play with, and everybody's house in the neighborhood would see their property value go down.
    Trust me on this one. A picture of Elvis, painted on black velvet would be an adequate replacement. I got one for every room.
    Just some real man coaching here. Use it, knowing it came from me, the valedictorian of my special needs therapy group.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I think we could amp up this post with a pic of Ron in his "Adam and Eve" crotchless apron.. That would be like mainlining testosterone..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • epcotisbest
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @epcotisbest that BlueDigHog is very cool!  My wife and I both love his art.  My wife is who showed me my first Blue Dog while we were in New Orleans.

Pretty neat you got to meet him!
    Yeah, pretty cool.
    Got this as a 20th anniversary present many years ago.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    It's fine if he likes penis.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs guys! 

My buddies and I meet up at the bar to tip back a few beers and shoot darts. After darts we jumped in a cab back to my friends place. Once back at my buddies I walked into the kitchen and missed the poster when walking by it. So I'm sitting at the kitchen island waiting for my knucklehead friends to get Tropic Thunder pulled up on tv when this chick poster comes out of nowhere! Whoa!!! I say to my buddy, "Are you serious?" and he goes "What?". "What's up with that chick poster on the wall?" He goes "Whatever". I said,  "You didn't buy that did you?" He went on to say that he bought it at Menards. (Like that was going to change anything) I quickly reminded him Menards are for tools and lumber and not chick accessories. My only guess for the poster is that he's trying to make his place look nice. He just bought his first house 4 months ago so he's updated his bachelor style apartment setup. New leather couches, dinner table and chairs, bigger flat screen tv, audio system etc. So maybe he bought it thinking that it would work with his new gear and make the room look nice? I'm not sure because he has a Nascar flag hung on one wall and a Sports Illustrated swim suit calendar on the other. My couple other friends didn't think it was too strange. So I had fun with it. I kept using the words that are used in the poster in sentences throughout the night. I'm thinking he probably didn't know better. For example, my buddies and I went to the gun range to shoot guns last weekend. During the drive over to the range I hear my one buddy say to my other buddy with the poster: Are you "fricken" wearing dress shoes to the gun range?" Sure enough he's wearing some black glossy dress shoes with blue jeans and a Nascar hoodie. Like I mentioned earlier, we all give each other crap and been friends with these guys since 8th grade. All in fun. But I had to make sure that this poster crossed the man card line! =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    No wonder women think most men are jerks.  I am crusty as can be and I see nothing wrong with it.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • epcotisbest
    edited January 2016
    Options

This might be a better choice.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The good news is even if he gets mad at you according to the poster he will forgive quickly.  Of course things will take an awkward turn if he tries to love you deeply.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When I was single my mantle had obscure beer bottles, handmade steins, art from overseas, etc. I had no blinds in any room nor drapes. I did have a Large "Footprints" hanging picture (it was my Grandmother's) and a medium sized picture of "New Day" (it was my Father's). These "things" didn't bring or shy woman away. Nowadays the bottles have been replaced with family photos and memories...Steins still remain as does some of the artsy stuff. Your friend is fine. Maybe it's you that needs to evaluate his own manliness. Your friend seems to be comfortable in his own skin and probably gets all kinds of squirrel single or not. I see no problem with it and I'm a critical di¢khead of most things. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I'm not sure you would want to get involved with any woman that thought this is ok for his house. Too much baggage. If they need a constant pep talk, they ain't my kinda gal. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @pgprescott You might be reading into this too far.  Something that was probably picked up at Kohls, a mall kiosk, etc. 
    Edit: @WeberWho Even better than what I guess listed... Menards :lol: 
    I'd bust his chops too. LoL
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @pgprescott You might be reading into this too far.  Something that was probably picked up at Kohls, a mall kiosk, etc. 
    I am kidding of course. I really hope someone doesn't get too pissed at my piling on. I could really care less about the sign. I am intentionally using hyperbole.