Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dr. Chickens Ham

Options
ChefRD
ChefRD Posts: 438
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just finished pulling off (and eating) a ham done using Dr. Chickens method. All I can say is "Eggscellent"! I must admit I was a little leery of putting coffee and worcestershire sauce on my ham, but I'm not anymore! The taste was great and I am sure I will do it again. I was a little short on the amount of honey but it still came out great, so for those of you looking for a new way to cook a ham, this may be what you're looking for. I cooked an eight pound Cook's cured Picnic fat side down, (so I could baste it), for about 4 1/2 hours at about 250*. I think I used a little too much smoke, one big hunk of hickory and 2 chunks of cherry, but overall I'd still rate it eggscellent. I cut a diamond criss-cross pattern into like stated, and it came out 'less than pretty' :) but the taste speaks for itself.
So if Dr.Chicken doesn't have time to post the recipe, let me know and I will try to help.
later,
ChefRD

Comments