Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your EGGSPERT advice on Turkey in BGE

Options
Sandi
Sandi Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since this is my first year with the egg...and...it still intimidates me, I am going to fry a turkey and ATTEMPT to do one on the egg. Cat posted a brine the other day that I am going to use...NOW...my questions is...can someone tell me how to go about it...AND are ya willing to hold my hand through this traumatic process????

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Sandi,
    No biggie! I've never brined it but if Cat says....Brine the dern thing. Prep it the way you would a chicken put it on the turkey sitter...pop the polder in the breast/leg set the internal temp to 185* dome temp at 300*-325* and wait for the alarm to go off! The first bird I did was last year and I was as skittish as you. When the big turkey (17LB) came out of the Egg (don't remember the exact time but we cooked 20 - 25 min per lb as I remember)It came to RAVE reviews! My son in law Jim who hates turkey 'cause his mom used to cook them till they were as dry as cardboard had three helpings. My one word of caution, when you go to carve Mr. Tom be sure you have a deep plate or platter under him because you want to save the juices that will pour out for your gravy.
    My eggsperience with MR. Egg is that within a wide set of rules you can't really mess anything up! Cook to internal temp and when you can move the leg witrh ease EAT!
    Good luck and have fun.
    Carey