Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rtic Ship Date

Options

Comments

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited December 2015
    Options
    stompbox said:
    byrne092 said:
    If anyone really wants a RTIC ASAP, I got a 65 white for sale. Bought it, but really don't need it. It will cost a little more because I would have to ship it to you, but you will get it as quick as you want. Let me know, if not it is going back to RTIC.

Either way you need to pay shipping, so why would it cost the buyer more?
    Damn, you're right. I read pre-paid shipping label, and didn't notice they said you have to pay for it. Alright, $200  =)
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    byrne092 said:
    stompbox said:
    byrne092 said:
    If anyone really wants a RTIC ASAP, I got a 65 white for sale. Bought it, but really don't need it. It will cost a little more because I would have to ship it to you, but you will get it as quick as you want. Let me know, if not it is going back to RTIC.

Either way you need to pay shipping, so why would it cost the buyer more?
    Damn, you're right. I read pre-paid shipping label, and didn't notice they said you have to pay for it. Alright, $200  =)

Pm me your contact info.  Guy at work is wanting to order one I believe.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Well......I finally took shipment on my tan 65 and the thing is awesome.  Well put together and in perfect condition.  Only one problem.......there is no drain plug!  Just a hole where the plug is supposed to be   :s  
    Just contacted customer service.....lets see what they say.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Well......I finally took shipment on my tan 65 and the thing is awesome.  Well put together and in perfect condition.  Only one problem.......there is no drain plug!  Just a hole where the plug is supposed to be   :s  
    Just got mine and does have the drain plug
  • HondaHawk
    Options
    ship date moved up week on both my 20 and 65 in tan. Feb 7th. Ordered beginning of Oct. 
  • nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    Options
    You should have one by September 
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options

Just swing by your local REI they stock Yeti Drain plugs it should fit 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    If you don't get help soon Ping me and I will send you my drain plug.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    If you don't get help soon Ping me and I will send you my drain plug.
    Thanks for the generous offer.  Fortunately, I'm in no rush to use it.....yet.  I still haven't received a response to my customer no-service email.  I'll give it till this afternoon then I'm calling back.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Delivered my 65 Tan today. Really nice cooler and the only issue I can forsee is the lid seal. It seams a little lacking but otherwise I am very happy with. I just wish I would have ordered a 20 as well.

Edit: Paid for it on August 19th and took deliver January 4th........ 138 days so they missed the 60 to 90 window by a hair  =)

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• GATraveller
    Options
    Just did a customer service chat on RTIC website and got disconnected.... :anguished: 
    Called to see how long it usually takes to get a response to email (since it's been 26hrs since I sent one) only to be told "the girl that handles that is out to lunch".  
    No wonder it's taking months for these coolers to deliver....it's like the blind leading the blind over there.  Holy crap!!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    Thanks for the generous offer.  Fortunately, I'm in no rush to use it.....yet.  I still haven't received a response to my customer no-service email.  I'll give it till this afternoon then I'm calling back.  

if you do need something in the mean time cut a potato and shove it over the hole.  works well
  • Photo Egg
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just did a customer service chat on RTIC website and got disconnected.... :anguished: 
    Called to see how long it usually takes to get a response to email (since it's been 26hrs since I sent one) only to be told "the girl that handles that is out to lunch".  
    No wonder it's taking months for these coolers to deliver....it's like the blind leading the blind over there.  Holy crap!!
    It is lunch time here in Houston.lol
    I can only hope they took your information again and don't expect you to call back...
    I have had great results with email but at times it has been over 48 hours. But they have always answered my emails in a professional manner. Good luck.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    I can only hope they took your information again and don't expect you to call back...
    She did take my info and said she would have the girl responsible respond ASAP.......
    They could take some customer service tips from @stlcharcoal - Rockwood does it right when it comes to taking care of their customers.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    She did take my info and said she would have the girl responsible respond ASAP.......
    They could take some customer service tips from @stlcharcoal - Rockwood does it right when it comes to taking care of their customers.

"The girl is out to lunch...."  I'm going to remember that one for next time you call.  Hahahahahahaha
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

"The girl is out to lunch...."  I'm going to remember that one for next time you call.  Hahahahahahaha
    We have a fictitious employee in our office "Jim Fisher" for when sales people call.  We tell them he is the one that handles whatever it is they're peddling but say he's out of the office.  Been doing it for 20 years now....haha!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    We have a fictitious employee in our office "Jim Fisher" for when sales people call.  We tell them he is the one that handles whatever it is they're peddling but say he's out of the office.  Been doing it for 20 years now....haha!
    Ha!  We used to do the same thing at the ambulance base, but with a real employee that everyone liked to mess with.  Didn't matter what they were selling, that was Chad's responsibility.  He always would slam the phone down, and say, "why do they always ask for me?!!?!?!?!?"

I did like screwing with the copier toner sales people though.  The ones that would call and say, "yeah this is your copier guy at the main office, we need to verify the number on it."  So I'd put them on hold a few times while I "got a flashlight", "moved the copier", etc, then would them it was a BX-56785746362.  "OOPS, that's the serial number. Wait, it's a FGJ-6365".  They were pretty irritated with me at that point and would ask what the brand was.  It was always a "F%$#YOUsonic" or something lewd.

I realize some people have to do the job of telemarketer, and I should be happy they're working rather than on welfare......but the deceptive/scammer ones that try to pass themselves off as a company employee deserve that treatment or worse.  
  • maximus1
    Options
    Mine arrived today, couldn't be happier
    2 Large BGE, 1 Small.  
  • nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    Options
    It's how they keep low prices.  Oh that and blatant copying.
  • GATraveller
    edited January 2016
    Options
    nth78 said:
    I know right.......Engel should be pissed.  
    And still nothing out of RTIC.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    nth78 said:
    I know right.......Engel should be pissed.  
    And still nothing out of RTIC.
    I know you said you were in no rush...but if you want to send me your name and phone number through the forum I will try and stop by their office this week and pass this information to the owner.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Chef_Hobo
    Options
    Just received my 30 oz Tumbler and am extremely happy with it so far!  Now if they could just make a Whiskey glass sized cup...  I guess I could use the 30 oz for that, but then I'd probably need a 12 step program after a while... ;)
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Chef_Hobo said:
    Just received my 30 oz Tumbler and am extremely happy with it so far!  Now if they could just make a Whiskey glass sized cup...  I guess I could use the 30 oz for that, but then I'd probably need a 12 step program after a while... ;)
    I thought the 30 oz was the whiskey glass size. ;)
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• GATraveller
    Options
    Just got an email from RTIC showing a new shipment.  Now I'll be able to use my new cooler.  Yay!!

Thanks @Photo Egg for your help.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jellyworm
    Options
    I just received my 2 30 oz Tumblers and decided to compare these with the YETI I received at Christmas.  Filled both with ice Wednesday evening.  As of this morning both still had ice and it looks to me they both have about the same amount.  I also own a 65 and 45 YETI cooler which I really like.  I am going to be ordering another 45, this time a RTIC in tan, shortly.  Both are great products, just hard to pass up the RTIC price.
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I'm about to order another 65. I won't get it till May, but I have plenty of coolers to last me.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Just checked my status on my Tan 20, it actually moved back up from 13 Feb to 7 Feb, was originally 28 Dec, we'll see what happens, no hurry either way but I know they are earning interest on my money I deposited in October...
  • Photo Egg
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm about to order another 65. I won't get it till May, but I have plenty of coolers to last me.
    If you are traveling the Houston area I have a brand new white 65 for you at cost right now buddy. My 45 will be here next week.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I found out two days ago my rtic 65 is scheduled to ship Feb 10. I ordered it in september, i think....
  • Jellyworm
    Options
    Ok, here are my results on the 30 oz ramblers.  Both filled with ice, lid on, left.  RTCI- ice lasted 48 hours, YETI- ice lasted 50.5 hours.  While the YETI won the RTCI did great!
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX