Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermoworks Customer Service

Options
So, my 6 year old thermapen decided to stop working, or worked erratically. I called their service dept to see about getting it repaired. Being out of warranty, they told me any shipping, parts, and labor were on me, which i absolutely understood. I got a return authorization and a confirmation when they received it, and nothing else until today, about two weeks later. 

Fedex dropped a package at the house, which contained a brand new thermapen!!! They charged me nothing, said a rubber seal in the old one was damaged, and sent the new one. 

Its said a lot here, but needs said more. DO LOTS OF BUSINESS WITH THERMOWORKS, THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

Comments

• thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    i have had nothing but praise for them here also.
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • smokesniffer
    Options
    Wow that's awesome, that is service above and beyond.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

100% agree.  They are one of the finest companies I've had the pleasure of purchasing from.

They handled my warranty claim in a similar fashion. 

Phoenix 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Products may come and go. If it's mechanical or electronic it WILL eventually fail. Customer Service ultimately shows a customer the product's real worth backed by that company. They could've easily denied this claim but, opted to take care of it. Good on them. :plus_one: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    That story makes me feel even better about choosing Thermoworks.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Great news! Did they give you the new MK4? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Products may come and go. If it's mechanical or electronic it WILL eventually fail. Customer Service ultimately shows a customer the product's real worth backed by that company. They could've easily denied this claim but, opted to take care of it. Good on them. :plus_one: 
    I absolutely agree, but its amazing to me they gave me the new thermapen, especially after they said average repair cost was about 25 bucks. I was fully ready to pony up. 

I have a friend who would get great use from a thermapen, i will buy him one next paycheck for all the good karma i got. He uses a cheap dial POS now. 

@GATABITES i did not get a new mk4, just a replacememt mk3. Mine was orange, which is discontinued per their catalog. But they sent me a new orange one. Probably NOS. Either way, if works for me! 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Yet more proof that Thermoworks is a solid company. They are one of the best re: customer service of any company i have had to deal with. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    Options
    Not to hijack but is the MK4 worth the price difference?
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    edited January 2016
    Options
    nth78 said:
    Not to hijack but is the MK4 worth the price difference?
    My next one will be a Mk4.  In my case mainly for the backlight as my lighting to the patio isn't the greatest.  Mk4 eliminates the 2032 battery in favor of a super common battery, but frankly the 2032 lasts a long time.  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Similar experience with them...
    Great people. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EGG_Daddy
    EGG_Daddy Posts: 163
    Options
    Just had a great experience with their CS.  Grade A - Top Notch!!!!

MN. LBGE. Vikings. Beer. YETI 75.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I fully agree! Back in November I posted this:

The clock feature of my out of warranty TimeStick has always been slow and rather than keep resetting it I just gave up. Then last week every time it would cycle through the modes when it got to clock it would reset itself to 00:00:00. Over the years I have purchased several TW products so I wrote them asking if there was anything I could do to resolve the problem. The response..."hey, Ron, I'll send you a replacement"! Well it arrived Friday along with the customary assortment of Jelly BellysWhat a great company!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    The new mk4 is worth it. As someone who uses their thermapen almost daily I used my old mk3 for brewing and cooking. Gave my mk3 away and got the mk4 and love the backlight and the shifting read out. Got the magnetic boot thst is perfect to leave in fridge and accessory stand next to grill. 

Thermoworks makes top products. I use their ph meters and ir thermos as well. Can't beat it
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Whats up with the jelly beans anyways? 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Whats up with the jelly beans anyways? 
    Their signature treat with purchase. Who knows why they chose jelly beans?
    Been doing it for years.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas