Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest Questions

Options
Mop
Mop Posts: 496
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks.....I have a couple of questions that I hope someone will answer.
Eggfest, is this a "Big Green Egg" sponsored event where "they" supply the cookers and then, cookers from the forum provide the cooking expertise or do all people involved bring their own Eggs?????
Also, Is it a competetive event or more of a friendly gathering of egg fans?
I ask this cause after reading the itinerary for the next Eggfest, they are advertising "demo eggs" after the fest!.....
It read "12+ eggs", would this be the amount of eggs "cooking" or just the amount that they have set aside for sale?
Just curious!
Mop!

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Mop,[p]"is this a "Big Green Egg" sponsored event where "they" supply the cookers and then, cookers from the forum
    provide the cooking expertise or do all people involved bring their own Eggs?????"[p]Eggtoberfest is a BGE sponsored event. Eggfest is actually sponsored by Seasonal Distributors in Waldorf, MD. BGE "supports" Eggfest and last year some BGE people came, but I believe the fine folks at Seasonal Distributors foot the bill. Last year, they provided the site, 12 Eggs, charcoal, starters, and maybe some other things. Some attendees supplied the food and the cooking expertise to cook it. Other attendees supplied the appetites to eat the food and the appreciation afterwards.[p]"Also, Is it a competetive event or more of a friendly gathering of egg fans?"[p]Eggfest is not a competitive event. It is a friendly gathering of Eggers from both coasts plus Canada.[p]"would this be the amount of eggs "cooking" or just the amount that they have set aside for sale?"[p]Both. The 12 cookers used to cook at the event are sold at the end of the day at a significant discount ($475, I think).[p]I went last year and it was a blast. It was really cool to put faces to the names of posters on this forum...and to put real names to the nicknames used on this forum (i.e. - Cornfed = Dave). This year will be a blast, too. You should consider attending.[p]Cornfed

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Cornfed,, thanks, Is it open to the public as well or is it "Eggvite" only?

• Cornfed
    Options
    Mop,[p]It's open to the public. Last year there was a $35 registration fee and I think it was free to children under a certain age. For $35 you got more food than you could ever possibly wish to consume in a day (or 10 days, for that matter) plus a bag containing some pretty cool freebies including a BGE apron (not one saying "Kiss the Cook", unfortunately), a big oven glove, a T-Shirt, the BGE video, some BGE "gourmet" seasoning, and maybe some other things I'm forgetting.[p]Cornfed - geeking it out on a Friday night trying to be like TimM and GFW by creating a usable web site.
  • char buddy
    Options
    Hey Cornfed,[p]Welcome bacK. I was wondering where you'd been. For a while there the Jets was on fire and you were silent. [p]At first I figured you might on medication from all the excitement. Then when things changed for the Jets and we still didn't hear, I got worried.[p]Good to have you back. Good luck to your Jets. Look forward to seeing you at Eggfest 2001 (an Egg Odyssey). I going to cook at this one and I was thinking of doing a leg o lamb. [p]

• Cornfed
    Options
    char buddy ,[p]Yeah, this year's Jets are one of those "cardiac kids" teams. Every game comes down to the last series (if not last play). Big game tomorrow. If they can win in Miami, they'll still be in the thick of things.[p]"an Egg Odyssey"...I really like that. E2K flowed so naturally. E2K+1 is pretty good but it's missing some pizzazz. I think you may have just coined an expression![p]I'm planning on cooking something this year, too. Not sure what, but I'd like to cook something starting early and be done by noonish. Look forward to seeing you there and tasting that leg o' lamb![p]Cornfed