Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket is on....remote monitoring

Options

Good Morning Ladies and Gents,

The 15lber is on and I've got my $79 d-link camera monitoring the situation while I am away.  This pic is a shot of what I see on the d-link app.  Even though I can't adjust the temp while I am away from home, it is nice to know that the temp is stable while I am out running errands.

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• deadlyfrog
    Options
    At 25 I'd get home quick and light the lump!
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Very true....but what happens in reality is the digital display flashes the numbers so fast in sequence that the eye can't detect it, but the camera does.  So it is flashing the number 2, then the number 5, then the number 0 extremely fast.  When I view it from my app I can see the 2-5-0 sequence. 
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • deadlyfrog
    Options
    Either way great setup... Have a nice Christmas and especially a great New Year.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    To you and yours as well, Frogman.  :)