Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin help needed

Options
Cooking supper for a dying cancer victim tonight. Very excited to provide this family with a great meal.

How do the experts cook it?  I plan on 350 indirect for about 35 minutes...what say you?

At what internal temp is it finished?

Comments

• outrageous
    Options
    I cook mine raised direct.  pull at 135 and wrap in tin foil.  that is very nice of you, hope they enjoy

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• aukerns08
    Options
    Last couple of tenderloins I did I got the Egg up to 600+ with the grate right over the coals and seared each side for 2-3 minutes each to get a nice crust on it.  Pulled it and set the Egg for indirect at 350ish and put it back on until 135.  I like this way a lot, but it's a bit more involved.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I would pull at 140 if it's for others maybe even a degree or 2 higher. If you pull at 135 it's going to rise to 140 or so and still be slightly pink in the middle. Pink pork turns a lot of people off if they don't know the safe cooking temp was changed.
  • Homebrewguy
    Options

Don't you dare over cook those tenderloins!  A little pink in them won't hurt anybody.

I tend to cook mine direct the whole way and would probably grill it around 400-450.  I would probably also pull them around 140 and cover them with foil while resting 5-10 minutes.

LBGE & Masterbuilt 30" Stainless Electric Digital Smokehouse w/Cold Smoker
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I do mine at 400° direct (gasket level). 5 minutes per side (20 total). Longer if needed to get to about 140°. I'm not a fan of pink tenderloin. Yes, I know it's safe. It is, after all, the other WHITE meat. :)

Nice of you to do this for your friend.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I would go indirect like you have planned. Your plan sounds great. I agree, @140
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I agree with the medium rare others have mentioned. If the poor guy has cancer you may want to cook it a little more. I was cooking for my Dad before he passed and he couldn't take anything cooked pink or red. If it's for his family then the others have it pegged.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Gamecockeggman
    Options
    No matter what temp or how it turned out, bless you for doing this.  I am sure the individual and their family is grateful.  The world needs more selfless acts.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    The time and temp info is right on.
    For a unique flavor I would slather each tenderloin (if doing more than one) with mayo and them rolling it in one envelope of French's Dry Onion Soup Mix.

Really delicious!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    The time and temp info is right on.
    For a unique flavor I would slather each tenderloin (if doing more than one) with mayo and them rolling it in one envelope of French's Dry Onion Soup Mix.

Really delicious!
    We love the coffee rubs on pork tenderloin. Dizzy pig red eye express. Of course, Mickeys rub is famous round these parts! You can't miss, bless you.