Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

turkey breast i.t.?

Options
TN_Egger
TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
edited December 2015 in EggHead Forum
Quick Q... I got a little boneless breast going.  What i.t. should I be shooting for?  Rub rec?  Oh, also got some bread rising...
Signal Mountain, TN

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Pull at 160*, let rest to 165*
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Anywhere between 150-160 depending on your tastes. 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    it's safe at 140.  i would probably treat it like pork, and shoot for 145, then let it rest for fifteen minutes to a half hour, and it'll rise a little toward what most folks seem to prefer, 150-ish

it'll actually still be moist if you hit 160- or (good forbid) 170+
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,367
    Options
    Pull at 155 and rest for about 15 minutes.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I pull mine at 150 and let rest for 30 minutes. Guaranteed food safe, guaranteed juicy. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    edited December 2015
    Options
    wrap it at 120-130 in foil to collect the dripping and maintain moistness, then let it go to 150 or so.  might pad it with a little butter when foiling. 

I use to cook them all the time when our costco carried them.  great for a meal then leftovers for sandwiches. 

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    What @Dobie said. 155 is the magic #. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA