Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first 'unstuffed' Pork Tenderloin

CJCJ Posts: 50
edited 6:52PM in EggHead Forum
Ok..... laid it out, made three cuts parallel, pressed it out, then applied the stuffing....cornbread, cranberries, apricots, and all the rest. Problem? I couldn't wrap it back up because the stuffing took up all the 'slack'. Although I forced it and it was highly edible, but ugly!! Should I have 'hammered' it a bit flat to give me some stretch? I would have liked for it to overlap, but in fact I could'nt even close it up.
·

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    6e2c19a4.jpg
    <p />CJ,[p]Try your next one without the long seam. Using a fillet knife, turn it into a tube. Then all you have to do is stitch the ends after stuffing.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,965
    CJ,
    Here's an alternative that has worked for me after having the same "kinda ugly" results that you had. Instead of starting with a tenderloin I use a simple pork roast, but since you will be layering it thinly it is quite tender. So I start with a long, very sharp filet knife like this

IMG_0711.jpg

and then carefully jelly roll cut that round roast into a layer of meat. I then add whatever I want - BTW the match stick looking things are pieces of apple that work great inside pork!!!
    IMG_0551.jpg

Then roll it up, tie with butchers' twine and cook. It stays together and once sliced off into servings the visual presentation on your plate really rocks!
    IMG_0558.jpg

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • chucklschuckls Posts: 399
    thirdeye,[p]whoa...
    ·
  • CJCJ Posts: 50
    RRP,
    Thanks for the info....by the way, beautiful knife, I have one exactly like it...'Finland'.

·
  • CJCJ Posts: 50
    thirdeye,
    That really look interesting...I'll have to try that, thanks for the info and pic.

·