Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First butt

Options
Herm
Herm Posts: 206
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The first butt cook was flawless. Everyone raved. Thanks to all for the help!
Butts1.jpg

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Herm,
    They sure look good start'n out. I think I like cooking Butts better than brisket. They're much more predictible.[p]Spring "Predicting The Past With 80% Accuracy" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Now that I have some confidence, I think I'll have to try a brisket soon!

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Herm,
    I just did a huge brisket for my wife's boss. I have no idea how it turned out because I didn't sample it. I'll know tomorrow. I wanted it to look like he cooked it. 18 hours (about 2 in foil) to 205° internal in the thick part. I'm thinking it should be great but briskets are unpredictible. That's one reason competitors cook multiples. They can pick the best one for the contest.[p]Give it a shot. Even a bad brisket on the Egg is still good enough to chop up for some pretty good sandwiches.[p]Spring "Get'n Hungry" Chicken