Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ace & Yeti ... Black Friday

Options
Ace has a Black Friday coupon that doesn't specifically exclude Yeti products: "Save 50% on any one regular-priced item under $30 or get $15 off for any one regular-priced item over $30."  If your local Ace carries Yeti products, that seems perfect for a new colster, lowball, or tumbler.  For online shopping the code is FRI5015 ... but, online only shows the colster and lowball.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

Comments

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Thank you @Jeepster47                 for the heads up. I love Yeti drink items.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• PSC
    PSC Posts: 148
    Options
    only pickup available, not for online shipping,  BWAAAAAA
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Just printed off coupon and plan to pick up some lump.  If you read the "in store" and "online" exclusions on the coupon, It says it cannot be used for WEBER or YEDI products. Got to pay retail. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Sweet. I'll get a bag of RW. Thanks 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hmmm ... we don't have RW in our Ace stores, but our coupons don't exclude Yeti products.  Ours says: "Not valid on sale and clearance priced merchandise, Weber branded products, power equipment, rental, in-store services, Ace gift cards, city stickers, previously purchased merchandise, or in conjunction with any other coupon, excluding Ace Rewards." 

Then the lawyers added: "Additional exclusions may apply. See store for details."  Is that where the Yeti product is excluded?

Also checked the on-line flyer for our area ... no Yeti exclusion.

• A5firearms
    Options
    Where are you guys getting this coupon?
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @Arfirearms ... local paper flyer.

Go to the Ace Hardware webpage and bring up the "Thanksgiving 5 Day Sale" flyer.  That's show you what it looks like.  Look down in the right hand corner for the coupon.  You might be able to print that flyer out and use it.

• A5firearms
    Options
    @Arfirearms ... local paper flyer.

Go to the Ace Hardware webpage and bring up the "Thanksgiving 5 Day Sale" flyer.  That's show you what it looks like.  Look down in the right hand corner for the coupon.  You might be able to print that flyer out and use it.
    Thanks Jeepster!
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Didn't notice the coupon on their site in a quick look. But I did notice that they advertise the Nov 28th Small Business Saturday on their site. Is Ace Hardware really considered small business? I believe they franchise to local owners but it's a national chain store.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I'm surprised that since that sale started today that nobody here tried to buy one to see if the coupon discount applied! I will but not until Friday. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I got the coupon in my e-mail this morning. It states no Yeti branded products.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Jeepster47
    Options
    @RRP ... the 50% off sale only works on Black Friday.

@Toxarch ... maybe Ace thinks no one in Illinois even knows what a Yeti is, so they don't waste time telling us we can't buy one.  One of our Ace stores stocks all of the Yeti products, @Ozzie_Isaac or I will be checking it out on Friday.

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    As a REI member, I recently got a 20% off coupon on one item that expired Monday or Tuesday. Used it on a YETI 50, no problems. While a REI membership may not help you get a YETI this week, it is something people should consider long term if they want one.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I tried to apply the code online this morning for a Colster with pickup at the Germantown store. No dice. Give a brother in central Illinois a heads up if you get it to work today. 
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,127
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The Yeti's are on sale in-store.  The coupon is on regular priced items.  Also, the computer scanning system will not allow Ace to apply it against even full price Yeti.

The sale prices are pretty good, so if your around its worth stopping to checkout.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RRP
    Options
    The Yeti's are on sale in-store.  The coupon is on regular priced items.

The sale prices are pretty good, so if your around its worth stopping to checkout.
    Let me know as I will go to the Peoria Neana ACE, otherwise that's way further than I was going out on this lost day of bat sh!t crazy shoppers!
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    Well damn, didn't see that one coming ... I've yet to see the Yeti stuff on sale around here.  Think Ace is officially on my s**t list ... no Rockwood, now messing with my coupon on the Yeti stuff.  I'd say they are against BBQing, but the Washington store has an almost complete line of Weber stuff and the Germantown store opened with all BGE stuff. 

Funny thing is, I asked the Germantown owner why he was stocking BGE stuff when Ace sells Kamado Joe on line.  He replied that he wanted to sell the best ... kind of won me over right there.

Sorry for getting your hopes up folks.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    The G-Town store has full line of Weber, BGE (including most accessories), Yeti, some Treager stuff, and Wicked Good.  

Plus, a lot of of real good off brand accessories.  I stop in about once a week just to take it all in :)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Btw, G-Town store is sold out of all tumblers accept Lowball and Coolster.
  • Jeepster47
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac ... how about the Peoria store ... for @Tbent and @RRP?  And, what is the discount?

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2015
    Options
    LowBall was $5 off and coolster was $9 off.  No idea on Peoria store.  I try not to cross the river on my days off, unless I'm headed to Starbucks.
  • Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    Options
    @Jeepster47 @Ozzie_Isaac Thanks for the info. I'll stop in Germantown sometime today to check things out. I'll pick up a Colster for myself and maybe knock out some Christmas shopping too. 
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Who needs a stinking Yeti anyway! 
  • RRP
    Options
    EPILOGUE...no YETI but instead I used my ACE coupon to receive a $15 discount toward a $33 furnace filter!!! Boring -  I know, but 15 bucks is 15 bucks!  =)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @DoubleEgger was Rockwood on sale?  I am probably too late now anyway but just curious. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    @DoubleEgger was Rockwood on sale?  I am probably too late now anyway but just curious. 
    I used the ACE coupons.