Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pensacola Eggfest

Options
Just found out about this tonight, anyone going?

It appears I could have picked up a mini-max for $479 plus tax, but called a minute ago and they sold out of MM a month ago, slightly disappointed I wasn't aware of this, apparently I am a hermit as this is the 2nd local even in a matter of months I wasn't aware of until it was too late. He mentioned it's the 3rd largest Eggfest in the nation based on turnout, expecting 1500+ tomorrow, demo-ing 80 large and 10 MM

http://pensacolaeggfest.com

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Didn't know. All of the demos already slated out?  Could probably still go if you wanted to and buy tickets on arrival. Or is it sold out too?  I didn't open the link yet. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    I already have too much going on this weekend. But more disappointed about missing the MM.

I wish these companies advertised on this site through the forum.
  • Randall_Lee
    Options
    May have to check it out, was at the Eggs on the Beach over at Seascape a few months ago and it was great. They had lg. and xlg. for sale at a fare price, I picked up a lg last year.
    Niceville, Fl
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    FWIW $479 isn't a show stopper is it?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • feef706
    Options
    @Randall_Lee I found out about eggs on the beach after it happened, I woulda gone for sure.

@nphuskerfl I would buy all day long at $479 but they only had 10 and had all the pre-orders filled a month ago
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    FWIW $479 isn't a show stopper is it?
    Brother Husker from what I have seen in my area, that's actually a pretty good price. It's been a few months since I have checked, but the MM will kill 600 bucks in my area. Maybe they have came down a little. The last time I looked they were priced at $585.00 before tax. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Randall_Lee
    Options
    keep a eye for eggfeast, they sale demos for a discount but most of time the bigger ones.
    Niceville, Fl
  • feef706
    Options
    Mini max is $598 plus tax all day in my parts, no plate setter either, not that I'm looking for that, but a bonus if included in the demo price
  • Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    Options
    feef706 said:
    I already have too much going on this weekend. But more disappointed about missing the MM.

This is the third year for the Pensacola fest and has grown remarkably.
    One of the Founders came on here the first year and was basically
    told if he did not do it the way they like it will not work. Well I think they
    were wrong and don't blame them from not coming on here.

I know I will receive some flack over this post...but it is the truth.

BTW our team picked up 2nd Place Peoples Choice.

Pensacola,FL
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Whaler said:
    feef706 said:

This is the third year for the Pensacola fest and has grown remarkably.
    One of the Founders came on here the first year and was basically
    told if he did not do it the way they like it will not work. Well I think they
    were wrong and don't blame them from not coming on here.

I know I will receive some flack over this post...but it is the truth.

BTW our team picked up 2nd Place Peoples Choice.

Congrats!! 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I agree that it would be a nice add if there was a simple link at the top of a thread page titled "Eggfests" to see the upcoming events.  To find them now you go to the "biggreenegg" site and scroll around.  You will land here: http://www.biggreenegg.com/events/eggfests/ 
    Likely not happen any time soon as this was raised early last summer-they can send threads the way of the buffalo in no time however.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Check out the other one over in Melbourne put on by Wassai's Meats.  They have great deals, too.

Sometimes it helps to join the instagram thingy and looks for dealers that sponsor these events and they will post stuff there about the events.....  Trying for the newer, younger demographic as well!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I had the honor of being invited back this year to co-judge the Judge's Choice Category along side Big Moe Cason and Chris Groves. Here are just a couple shots I got during the event. I have a ton more that I need to pull off the DSLR. 

Pulled pork wonton.

Maryland style crab cakes

Smoked Moonshine Apple Pie 

Yes, this is an Egg mounted to the back of a golf cart. Team YachtQue took home 1st place with their Chicken N Waffle Shooters. 

Chris Groves and I found this to be pretty ironic...

This contraption made it's debut at the Eggfest. This is currently in a pure prototype stage, but is designed to reduce the heat loss during cooking pizzas. These guys cranked out 50+ pizzas over the course of 3 hours. 

Chad from Kick Ash Basket, myself, Big Moe and @southboundrob from instagram. 

• feef706
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Looks like a great time, I will have to plan to make it out next year. I spoke with someone from Escambia Electric Motor, may have been the owner when I was looking into the demos Friday night, and he mentioned the venue would likely chance next year due to the local college starting a football team and they would be playing at the wahoos stadium, that part stinks as it looks like a great location.