Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got interviewed by the local paper!

Options
Eggtuary
Eggtuary Posts: 400
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm entered in a competition near my hometown next weekend. The organizers must have given my name to the local paper (the Courier-Journal) who called me today. They said they heard that I was a first-time competitor, and wondered how I got into it.[p]I gave a lot of credit to the folks on this forum, and how you guys have helped me to cook all kinds of things that I'd never done before I got my Egg.[p]If they run the article, I'll be sure to post it here somewhere. The reporter specifically asked for the website, so hopefully we'll get some more press for this great forum!

Comments

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Eggtuary,
    Congrats on taking the plung into your first contest, be prepared though, you will get hooked. What contest are you entering and where? Let us know if you have any questions too. Good Luck![p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Eggtuary,
    i hope you spelled my name correctly for them :-)[p]good luck on your first competition... you will have a lot of fun. ...

• Eggtuary
    Options
    Squeeze,
    It's the South Oldham Lions Club Barbecue & Bluegrass Festival, held in Crestwood, KY (near Louisville). I went last year to meet Old Dave, who posted here that he was going to be in attendance (though he didn't cook). My wife and I had a blast, and decided we could totally see ourselves doing this.[p]Our own Dr. BBQ says on his website that he'll be there, too. I'm looking forward to seeing him again (my family had the pleasure of meeting him at last year's Eggtoberfest.)[p]Thanks for the offer to help. I'll probably have more questions as we get closer to next Friday!

• Eggtuary
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Actually, I did mention you, though not by name. I told them how you ran the Turkey Hotline during the holidays, which I took advantage of on Thanksgiving Day (thanks again, by the way!) The reporter seemed pretty impressed by that (I could hear her typing away...)

• Dublin Dawg
    Dublin Dawg Posts: 96
    Options
    Eggtuary,
    Okay, pressure's on! Now you gotta win! The pride and reputation of all us Eggers is resting on your shoulders! Make us proud!

• Eggtuary
    Options
    Dublin Dawg,
    Well, to do that I'd have to beat one of our own. And I'm guessing Ray (Dr. BBQ) Lampe isn't going down without a fight!

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Eggtuary,
    You must be competing in Crestwood, KY?? I'm in Madison and the Courier-Journal is either the Madison Paper or the Louisville Paper....I was going to compete in Crestwood but I thought it was in Sept. ... I heard it got moved to June 3.... gonna miss that one.[p]Good luck in the competition and the article.[p]Doug

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    Eggtuary,You better start asking now because time will run out. Go have a good time, don't get stressed out, have a plan and follow it, folks will be glad to give you help at the contest, just let them know it's your first, and get ready for a great time because you are opening a new cooking area for alot fun and alot of work.[p]To a Great First Contest,
    Poppasam

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    Eggtuary,He wont go down without fight is correct, but he will let you know he is proud of your win if you beat him. If you have any free time hang out with the MAN because he can and will be a great help. [p]Poppasam

• BurntOfferingBBQ
    Options
    Madison IN? I am a Hanover grad. Although I have not been back since 1991 I miss those hinkles burgers!!