Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first stuffed pork loin roast

Options
Hawkeye
Hawkeye Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
PorkLoinRoast2.jpg
<p />Thanks to stike and The Naked Whiz for helping get the cooking temps correct. I made two of these. Both were stuffed with cornbread stuffing (I made it too moist to begin with), shopped mushrooms, sun dried tomato and basil mozzerella, and green onions. The other also had spinich but I donated it to a family that just became unemmployed. Both were liberally coated in turbinado and most importantly Dizzy Dust! [p]Yum!! My girls tore into it!

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Posts: 50
    Options
    Hawkeye,
    I'm about to embark on my first stuffed loin. Your filling sounds much better than what I've found. Could you give me the proportions of the ingrdients?? I would suggest going to my e-mail but my ISP has been in big trouble since 5/4.
    Thanks, CJ

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Hawkeye,
    Nice work! You're very kind to share the gift of food.... your delicious stuffed pork loin is appreciated, I'm sure.
    Have a great day!
    Clay

• GenesGrill
    GenesGrill Posts: 308
    Options
    Hawkeye,
    That looks great! Do you have a link to the recipe for the cornbread stuffed loin??

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Hawkeye, that looks delish. I do the same thing, stuffed, with the Costco, boneless, turkey breasts. I just peel the netting off, fold open, add the stuffing stuff & seasonings, roll back up and renet. If the breast is too thick, I may run a knife down it to create another meat layer for ingredients. [p]Have a good one. T

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words folks. I didn't have a recipe to go by on this. I simply asked my wife what she would want in one. Basically, I made a box of turkey dressing and added to it a half of log of cooked Owen's sausage, some dried sage, garlic salt, fresh garlic, green onion, and a container of fresh mushrooms (chopped small). [p]After filleting the loin I spread a light coat of yellow mustard on the inside. Then I added a couple of serving spoons full of the dressing and a few slices of tomato/basil mozzarella to each layer and secured with toothpicks as I didn't have any string. Then coated in sugar and dizzy pig.[p]The only thing I would do differently is to prepare the stuffing to be a little on the dry side as it obsorbed moisture from the cheese and meat.[p]Good luck!
  • SirKeats
    SirKeats Posts: 159
    Options
    Hawkeye,[p]That looks great! Very well done!