Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT, new Bond flick

Options
Well! that moved right along.

I didn't really get the theme song/opening title sequence, but otherwise, a blast. Saw it at a mid-morning showing, and there was a decent crowd. I suspect this will be a high profile film.

I really liked some of the music. There was a peculiar rhythmic device that threw me for awhile. There's this cluster of 5 groups of triplets, followed by 3 quarter notes that was rally hard to count. Not a usual time signature as far as I'm concerned. In the end, its 2 bars of 4/4, but tricky the way one section trows you into the nest, then repeat... And the action action scenes are all long strings of triplets, definitely edge of the seat not stop drive.

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    They have music in Bond films???  :o

Guess I'm too busy looking at the guns, girls, and cars to notice.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options

Me too. Say...aren't you in to Katana?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    RRP said:

Me too. Say...aren't you in to Katana?

???  Used to fly a 2-seat airplane called a Katana when it first same out in the late 90's.
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    Can't wait to see it! Glad someone out there liked it. I really have enjoyed all of Daniel Craig's Bond movies and I'm really excited to see this one. Read some mixes reviews on this one, then again read some about Skyfall too and I really liked that. 

Also, I can pretty much watch Christoph Waltz in anything.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options

???  Used to fly a 2-seat airplane called a Katana when it first same out in the late 90's.
    Cloudy memory on my part - I thought you said recently you are in to martial arts and was preparing for an upcoming "test" or whatever it is called. Today there was a 2 minute performance by an 8 year old girl who already is a  Katana Master. It is being shown on WIMP.com. I used to be able to post links from there but not so today. BTW that little gal is good!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Our daughter is 7 years old so if we go to see a flick, it will prolly be...

Flint, Michigan
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options

(brass) Ba_dot_da_dah. Ba_dot_da-dah... (on twangy guitar) Dum daba dum dum, Dum daba dum dum, Dum daba dum dum   (brass) da-daa-da-tea-da-daa! ;)

No special guns that I noticed, some unreal shooting for anyone but Mr. Bond. But the cars and girls, not necessarily in that order, oh yeah.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Krav maga?
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Krav maga?

Yep, that's it!  Warm-up / workshop tonight, then the testing Sunday.  Wife has a Crossfit competition on Saturday.  I was helping set up for a 50 team BBQ comp here in town most of the day today that we're sponsoring.  Tomorrow I'll be there most of the day tomorrow visiting with our company sponsored teams.  Busy weekend.