Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guava wood

Options
Meinbmw
Meinbmw Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently purchased some guava wood and used it on a butt I did last night. The flavor was outstanding ... mild and sweet. For those of you that have purchased guava wood, have you used it on butt, and what else have you tried it on? Would guava been similar to say ... cherry or apple?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    meinbmw,
    We have used on rice stuffed quail wrapped in bacon and beer butt chickens. Nice soft flavor.

• Eggcitable Boy
    Options
    meinbmw,[p]I have tried it with baby back pork ribs, yes indeed, sweet and mild flavor. Im smoking a 12 pound turkey this weekend from last Novembers pre-Thanksgiving Day turkey deal sales. Im using Alton Browns Turkey Brine Recipe followed by a guava wood smoking on my large green. Hey, its Memorial Day. I dont believe you can go wrong with anything on an egg this weekend. Guava wood is great on pork and poultry............Eggcitable Boy