Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quiche - I mean "man pie"

Options
I was hungry for quiche tonight; don't ask me why. I picked up a ham steak and smoked it for a while to give it some extra flavor. Then I made a quiche with spinach, the smoked ham, mozzarella, Parmesan, and a little bacon. Turned out well I think. 
Is my man card in jeopardy?

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Very nicely played,Sir!!!  I would eat the hell out of that man card or not!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Great looking quiche! 
    Edit:  Hell no... Man Card retained!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Call it a frittata. Any simpleton who is insecure enough to give you crap about making quiche will also be too stupid to know the difference 

Lol - that's funny.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@SciAggie   I love quiche, and yours looks spectacular.

I would eat quiche, and not be concerned about man cards, ribbing etc.

but...

In the event you and I ever find ourselves across the table from one another eating this fine dish, let's agree to call it quiche, and NOT man pie.

Phoenix 
  • SciAggie
    Options
    blasting said:

@SciAggie   I love quiche, and yours looks spectacular.

I would eat quiche, and not be concerned about man cards, ribbing etc.

but...

In the event you and I ever find ourselves across the table from one another eating this fine dish, let's agree to call it quiche, and NOT man pie.

Deal.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks like a home run. I love quiche. You just reminded me that I haven't made one in a long time.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I call them open faced ham and cheese sandwiches.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    That looks awesome! Great job!
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Looks great and have been thinking of doing one for a while as well.  I like a little more egg in mine, but I would eat it and seconds.  No jeopardy of losing Man card to me. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Smokehouse33
    Options
    That looks amazing!!! 
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    That's my kind of quiche!  Nice! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great lookin quiche!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Awesome!
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    That's looks soooooooooo tasty! Wow!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks like good eating to me, although I prefer mine with a little more egg and less spinach.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    The only thing i don't like about Man Pie is there is no runny yolk to mix with my grits. Looks killa to me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Looks terrific. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

looks great!  remember the book?  anyhow I'd much sooner admit to eating quiche than man pie!

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Thanks to all for the kind remarks. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Looks like good eating to me, although I prefer mine with a little more egg and less spinach.
    I understand. Funny thing is, I put five eggs in this. I suppose I could have added more milk and cream.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Griffin said:
    I understand. Funny thing is, I put five eggs in this. I suppose I could have added more milk and cream.
    no, trust me on this, more egg.  maybe a little more cream with the egg.  Never put milk in your eggs.