Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

California Eggers?

Options
2»

Comments

• damnedhooligan
    Options
    What size is your egg?? Would your budget allow you to purchase an extra one in CA? In case an earthshake knocks it over you still have the orginial one in Texas :) might want to consider the risk of transporting your egg also. 

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• morrobayrich
    morrobayrich Posts: 104
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Amazing thing is not one person has yet mentioned that you can get tritip in just about every grocery store for $5.99/lb or less, $2.99/lb on sale. B)
    Morro Bay, CA
  • Pat20001
    Options
    Well the Egg is rolling out to Sunny Cal with me. Look out Redondo beach fat Texas man coming through!!!
  • Ivanhoe
    Ivanhoe Posts: 223
    Options
    just in time for El Nino - In Spanish, it's..... "The... Nino" - Chris Farley
    Tulare, CA - Large BGE
  • hoofaloos
    hoofaloos Posts: 242
    Options
    Definitely bring it!  We moved to Napa just days before the quake last year.  Had my XL sitting on the ground in the backyard and the base cracked due to the quake.  Contacted BGE and they sent me a new base- no questions asked (except for my providing pics to the dealer).  The crack runs the length of the bottom of the base and up the sides but I've been using it without problems ever since...new base is still in the box.  
    XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX