Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatballs & Ravioli

Options
I got off at noon today and spent the afternoon piddlin' in the kitchen. Made spinach w/ricotta ravioli from scratch - just tossed them in garlic and butter. I smoked some meatballs on the egg. We grilled Romaine lettuce for a salad. Simple and satisfying. 

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Whoa!  Great looking eats. 
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Yeah, I'd crush some of that.  Nicely Done!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Tbent
    Tbent Posts: 225
    Options
    Uh, wow. That looks amazing. 
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That looks fantastic! Nothing like fresh home made pasta.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic meal!  Do you hand make your pastas/ravioli or do you own a machine that assists?  Either way this looks great!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic meal!  Do you hand make your pastas/ravioli or do you own a machine that assists?  Either way this looks great!
    I make the dough by hand and use an Atlas hand crank roller to roll it out. I've rolled it by hand, but it's a pain. Pasta is hard to screw up and I find it relaxing to make.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    how of you know when the ravioli are done? 

I tend to overcook or undercook mine
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Agree. Cooking all aspects is my Zen. I've definitely gotta give this a shot. Again...outstanding cook there!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Sweet100s fresh made pasta cooks much faster than its dried counterpart. To test I have always just tasted it. Should be al dente with firmness and not gummy or chewy so to speak. At least that's my take on it. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    how of you know when the ravioli are done? 

I tend to overcook or undercook mine
    I boil them about 5 minutes. The truth is I over cook mine at times as well.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Agree. Cooking all aspects is my Zen. I've definitely gotta give this a shot. Again...outstanding cook there!
    Thanks. I'm trying to develop a few meals that don't produce volumes of left overs. It's just me and my bride at home - when there are lots of leftovers I tend to graze too much. That's hard on my waistline :/
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon