Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beefy Chili Recipe Wanted

Options
CP92
CP92 Posts: 324
edited October 2015 in Soups, Stews, Chilis
I'm looking for a "beefy" chili recipe. I plan on using brisket, but I've only ever made a tomato based chili and I want something heartier. I hesistate to use this as an example, but something along the lines of Hormel chili. I also like beans in my chili. I know some are averse, but it's my story and I tell it like I want :)

Thanks,
Chris
Chris
LBGE
Hughesville, MD

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    You won't go wrong with this one, the giardiniera  an be optional but gives it a good kick if you can find it. I smoked the brisket a day in advance and refrigerated it which made it much easier to cut into small cubes. This recipe has won a couple chili cook offs. If you want it meatier use a larger brisket.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • clweed
    clweed Posts: 70
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    You won't go wrong with this one, the giardiniera  an be optional but gives it a good kick if you can find it. I smoked the brisket a day in advance and refrigerated it which made it much easier to cut into small cubes. This recipe has won a couple chili cook offs. If you want it meatier use a larger brisket.
    I just found my next chili recipe, thanks for the recipe!
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 324
    Options
    Thanks so much, @JRWhitee I'll give it a try and let you know how it comes out. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD