Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Red, red and more red...

Options
Morning All:

A partial copy of Basscat's meal from last night...red meat (piece of tri-tip with DP's new Game On rub), red beets roasted and red wine...put the beets on first at about 350 and let the temp creep up to 400 over the next hour or so...then added the piece of tri-tip...

Yes, it is a "piece" of tri-tip since my local Publix for some reason cuts them up into "steaks" (usually smaller than this which was 1.3#)...pulled the tri-tip after just under 20 minutes with internal temp of 123 to 125...let sit for a few minutes after putting two pats of butter on top...first few slices ready to be devoured...

Also added a salad and here is my plate (or I should say first plate as I had a second serving)...

An OUTSTANDING meal that couldn't be had at any restaurant, especially for the less than $25 it cost for the ingredients...have just enough tri-tip left for steak & eggs in the morning.

Oh yeah, the GAME ON is very, very good and just made this an even better meal!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments