Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meet the twins

Options

I know their not identical twins. Here are couple of Berkels of mine.... 808 slicer & 405 scale

A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
Canada
Large @ Small BGE 

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    That is the difference between a joy and a chore. Makes quick work.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • LadyGT
    LadyGT Posts: 109
    Options
    Slicers are a pita to clean.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    When you are done it can all go in the dishwasher except the blade. For a large family and lots of school and work lunches or get together they are worth the trouble. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • JC5404L
    Options
    Toys, toys, toys...  Love it!  FWIW, yes, that is a green streak of envy running down my back!  
    Atlanta, GA
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    wow, I like!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So what did it set you back? Is this a gloat?

I am sort of jealous though. I'd love to pick up an old slicer and almost did on a couple of occasions but just can't justify giving up the space they take up. But I do like also.
  • Rzeancak
    Options

I am sort of jealous though. I'd love to pick up an old slicer and almost did on a couple of occasions but just can't justify giving up the space they take up. But I do like also.
    $75 for the scale and $200 for the slicer In canadiens dollars = $120 USD lol

Gentlemen I've been hunting for a slicer and slicer over 3 years now.  I wanted and older scale and slicer but i found thee scale at and antique shop and the slicer was purchased from a IGA that was going under it was dumb luck that they are the same name brand.   I like to find old kitchen equipment and utensils and resurrect the to their former glory.
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Rzeancak said:

$75 for the scale and $200 for the slicer In canadiens dollars = $120 USD lol

Gentlemen I've been hunting for a slicer and slicer over 3 years now.  I wanted and older scale and slicer but i found thee scale at and antique shop and the slicer was purchased from a IGA that was going under it was dumb luck that they are the same name brand.   I like to find old kitchen equipment and utensils and resurrect the to their former glory.
    Great finds!!!!

Rehab'd an older Hobart 512 from a teacher who found it in his elementary school cafeteria.  Came with an extra knife.  Put it on a Craftsman engine cart.  Total investment, $400.  

Only one min to break completely down. 

Biggest concern is safety with a razor sharp knife.  Three slotted screws for the knife to remove.  The slightest little graze, will draw blood.  Use a cut resistant glove a friend gave me to hold the blade while cleaning.  Bleach wipes usually take care of the base.  Guide and knife cover are hand washed.  Total time, maybe 10-15 minutes. So much better than slicing by hand.  

Just missed a nice antique Hobart grinder/slicer combo in Ankeny, IA for $300.  
    Still huntin' for a grinder.  There is one for $500 here in the QC.  Worth it.  I'm too cheap.

Enjoy the new tools. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Nice deal
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"