Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slightly used XL with table...is this a good deal?

Options
Have a local lead on a slightly used BGE with a table for $1000 ...what do you guys think?  I know there's no warranty, but would like to hear your thoughts. 
Augusta, GA
#BGETEAMGREEN member
MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7

Comments

• johnkitchens
    Options
    The lack of warranty scares me. I would have to get it a give away price in order to take the risk. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    A bit high for zero warranty. Offer 600 and no higher.-
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Call a dealer and ask the prices of a replacement base, dome, firebox and fire ring. Over time, you WILL have to replace ALL of them. At least once. The egg is unusable if you are missing any one of those parts. 

Not sure about the warranty on parts. If you buy a new dome from an authorized dealer, does it now have a lifetime warranty? Dunno.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• chrisc133
    Options
    Call a dealer and ask the prices of a replacement base, dome, firebox and fire ring. Over time, you WILL have to replace ALL of them. At least once. The egg is unusable if you are missing any one of those parts. 

Not sure about the warranty on parts. If you buy a new dome from an authorized dealer, does it now have a lifetime warranty? Dunno.
    I believe the replacement parts have the warranty when you get them. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    The general rule is that the warranty is worth at least 50% of the going price.  I would use that as a bench-mark.  But if you have current info on the BGE and owner then adjust as you see fit. Just an opinion and we all know what it is worth...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Too much. I have an XL and have had to replace the base, top and fire ring in three years. Go to an egg fest and buy one at a discount. 

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• chrisc133
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'll pass on it. Not in the market for one but didn't want to pass up on an amazing deal. I'm sure they will find a buyer for 1000--who is unaware of the warranty. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Personally I would build my own table and offer 50%. I find most other peoples woodworking skills are lacking and I like to make it my own anyway. Depending on the the table I would not even factor that in.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • chrisc133
    Options
    The lady selling it texted me back. It's actually a large and the table has seen better days. Price is 850.  Definitely passing on that. 

Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    that is like up here. People think they are made of gold. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Yep, that's not worth $850, but they'll probably find someone that doesn't know better.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Good time to repost this link from earlier this week!
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/5191339239.html
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Move on, nothing to see here. 350 max, she keeps the table and does a clean burn, then buys the gaskets.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky