Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chestnuts Roasting on the Egg...

Options
Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm not really a roasted chestnut fancier, but I saw some lovely-looking ones at the farmers market and I'm guessing that the Egg would do a fine job of roasting them, using a grill topper or basket of some sort. Maybe even some light smoke, like a cabernet or apple. I'm just throwing out this suggestion to the Roasted Chestnut Afficianados in the group. Post your results! I could become a Chestnut Lover after all.[p]Cheers,
Gretl

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Gretl,
    Let me know what you find out on chestnuts. I love the things. Used to make a knife slice in each side and stick them on a fireplace log until done. Lost quite a few in the ashes and don't make many fires since I moved south!! Sounds like a job for the mini to me![p]mj

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    MollyShark,
    I have not roasted chestnuts, but I will give it a try this year using the following method. Prick the end with a fork, or cut a cross on the round (convex) side of the chestnut. Place in a perforated bottomed pan and roast them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Or until the cross opens up a bit (or the chestnut can be easily dislodge). Not having a mini I wil be using my medium egg. I can see the chestnuts roasting now with snow on the trees.
    Fireball