Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken and ribs

Options
had some time today so wanted to cook a fun meal.  Used my 24" and 13" grills for this cook.  The 18" got the day off... then the clouds came

too late I was committed...

John Henry's summertime peach is the best rub to date for pork!!!  trimmed these side to St. Louis cut

only way to smoke ribs in this house is with fruita wood peach chunks!!

onto the grill they go 6 hours at 225.  spritzed a few times with apple juice and cider vinegar.  The colour was gorgeous!!!

just in case

4 hours into the cook got the little guy fired up to 375 indirect for the chicken

before

after

here come the ribs, one rack sauced the other naked, then let rest for 15 min in foil

everything cut up nice and served with fresh cut fries from the local trip truck

thanks for looking!!!

bosco

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Righteous cook there brother!  Food looks great!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bosco0633
    bosco0633 Posts: 383
    Options
    thanks so much!!  
  • jollygreenegg
    Options
    Looks great!  I love plates with just meat and carbs!  If it weren't for the wife I probably would never eat veggies.

Also, the plated wood pic is awesome!
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Fine looking eats!  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Yes please, that looks stellar
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    That my friend is some fine looking grub.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • bosco0633
    Options
    thanks guys, this John Henry's summertime peach is to die for!!  I just love it on ribs.  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Awesome cook right there, I don't care what color the cookers are. :smiley: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Very nice @Bosco0633

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bosco0633
    Options
    thanks... I try very hard not to post about my kJs as I really like being a member of this forum.  Really good people and I just love to cook.  With that said... I just purchased 2 new cookers non KJ.  I went with 2 komodo kamado 23" ultimates.  They are in production now and hope to get them in October.  I have to say... kamado cooking has been one of the best hobbies that I have ever had.  I did not even know what medium rare was 2 years ago, and now I finally feel comfortable with my grilling.  

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    bosco0633 said:
    thanks... I try very hard not to post about my kJs as I really like being a member of this forum.  Really good people and I just love to cook.  With that said... I just purchased 2 new cookers non KJ.  I went with 2 komodo kamado 23" ultimates.  They are in production now and hope to get them in October.  I have to say... kamado cooking has been one of the best hobbies that I have ever had.  I did not even know what medium rare was 2 years ago, and now I finally feel comfortable with my grilling.  

Wow! Two right out of the gate!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bosco0633
    Options
    yeah, I wanted them to be exact matches.  With tile finish you obviously get different batches so I figured one purchase I can do it now.  I have the owner Dennis making me a custom table to go in between the two grills.  So its a total station rather than just free standing so to speak.  He does amazing teak work.  you can see where the table is cut to mount the grills into the table 

• bosco0633
    Options
    @SoCalTim here is my last pork cook with peach wood.  You can see the quality peach wood in the photo.  I got this stuff from fruita wood.com  They have some great stuff (Am I allowed to post a website??) if not I will remove it.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Dang @bosco0633 that'll be a serious setup there man.  Cannot wait to see your next cooking setup.  

bosco0633 said: @SoCalTim here is my last pork cook with peach wood.  You can see the quality peach wood in the photo.  I got this stuff from fruita wood.com  They have some great stuff (Am I allowed to post a website??) if not I will remove it. I think you're in the wrong thread brother.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bosco0633
    Options
    @tarheelmatt thanks I am looking forward to it!! I have only hard positive things about Komodo Kamado, a little nervous as I have never seen one in person.  But all the reading I have done, this thing seems to be built like a tank!!
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Solid Cook . . and that mosiac egg is a sight to see! 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • bosco0633
    Options
    @NDG thanks!!  I am excited to get it.  The finish is called pebble and I chose a colour called harvest pebble.  So many great tiles to choose from but this one just seemed to be the right choice.  

I will post my setup once I have it!!

I still hope to add a mini max in the near future, however, this purchase will take some time to clear the finances lol
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Wow!  That's gonna be a sweet set up. Congrats.