Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Feather blade or Flat Iron Recipe

Options
coooltroy
coooltroy Posts: 207
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
I have found this cut @ 4.99$ lb to be the best I have ever had in a recent cook using Adam Perry Lang marinade.  Anyone else have any marinade or spice experience to share?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46eRIxVxkG8

Comments

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Looks great, I also have been looking into Flat Iron seems like a good cut for a good price. I bet the price will jump as soon as they catch on, kinda like skirt steak and chicken wings
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    I just cooked mine I got from the SRF sale ... I set it out at room temp. for 45 minutes, rubbed it with olive oil and meat church Holy Cow rub (that rub smells so good). Got my BGE up to 500 degrees and set a cast iron skillet on it. When the skillet was around 500 degrees, I put the steak in turning every minute until Thermapen registered 140 (family wont eat anything that has any red in it). Let it rest for a bit and the sliced it at an angle and served it with mushroom cognac pepper sauce. Dressed it up with some rosemary and thyme for color .. it was fantastic. 
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL