Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southern Sunday Night

Options
@Chubbs okra made me want some. Picked up some fresh okra and butter beans at Sweet Auburn Curb Market the other day. Throw in a pork chop and you've got a standard Southern staple meal. 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Yeah buddy, good ole southern food. One of my very favorites. Mighty fine looking spread right there. ThIs is the kind of food that I can really throw down on. Excellent job. Allow me:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I knew this was right up your alley @SGH
  • SGH
    Options
    I knew this was right up your alley @SGH
    Yes sir, it is. A big pile of corn pone would put it over the top my friend. Nonetheless, a outstanding cook brother Double. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Great looking Southern Fare.  Nicely done sir.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Never seen it fried whole before, looks great! 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Yessir!!!!  My kinda meal.  Had something very similar tonight!  :flushed: 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Never seen it fried whole before, looks great! 
    It just facilitates eating it faster. As I kid I hated spearing regular fried okra with a fork. Little devils... 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Great looking meal! First whole fried okra I've seen too.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Fried whole okra with some hot pepper vinegar makes a great appetizer too. 
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Very nice.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Chops look awesome!!

One of these days, I really have to try okrie. Honest to God, I never have. I was in college before I ever even HEARD of it!! And the guy who told me about it, a good ole NC boy, said it was THE last food I ever wanted to try!

As for those beans, I always called those limas. To me, these are butter beans...larger and not green. No??

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Looks great brother! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's the Sunday night dinner I grew up on minus a sliced tomato. Outstanding work. Thanks for sharing that one with us. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    Fried whole okra with some hot pepper vinegar makes a great appetizer too. 
    They certainly do my friend. They certainly do. 

Status- Standing by.