Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC coolers ready to ship.

Options

Comments

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Only tan or white? I wanted a blue because it would be different than all the tan and white coolers that everyone has.

From the e-mail:

In evaluating our production capacity with demand, we have updated our delivery schedule as follows:

- If your reservation was made in July you can expect to receive your cooler by October 31, 2015;

- If your reservation was made in August you can expect to receive your cooler by November 30, 2015.

Due to the tremendous demand we are only offering tan and white at this time. 

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,796
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Due to the tremendous demand 
    This^^^^^^^^^^^ usually causes delays. I doubt that they anticipated the amount of orders that they received.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    @SGH , You probably contributed to the high demand.  =)
    I'd guess you generated 75 orders from this forum alone! 
    Even those who don't post much or at all made an order.
    I did!  ;)
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • SGH
    Options
    Durangler said:
    I did!  ;)
    That brings up a good point. I posted this on a couple of other forums as well. RTIC should give me a commission or at  least a free cooler ;) You know I'm kidding, hope everyone enjoys the coolers my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Do they charge at purchase or wait til shipping? I'd really like to order one but don't need a random charge that I forgot about going into Christmas. Sorry, I'm a broke Egging fool. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,238
    Options
    SGH said:
     I posted this on a couple of other forums as well. 
    You cheatin on us? 
  • Smokes_Up
    Options
    I made an order because of Sir SGH.... 
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
     I posted this on a couple of other forums as well. 
    You cheatin on us? 
    You caught me brother ;)

Do they charge at purchase or wait til shipping? 
    I don't know if they actually charge or put a hold for the amount on your card until they ship. I can look on my cc account in the next 24 hours or so and tell you for sure one way or the other. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Smokes_Up said:
    I made an order because of Sir SGH.... 
    If that's the case, I sure hope these coolers are par excellent. I feel that they will be. 

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:
    Durangler said:
    I did!  ;)
    That brings up a good point. I posted this on a couple of other forums as well. RTIC should give me a commission or at  least a free cooler ;) You know I'm kidding, hope everyone enjoys the coolers my friend.  
    Man, that sucks!  I think you rant about it on social media how RTIC shows you no love!   :rofl: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:
    Durangler said:
    I did!  ;)
    Man, that sucks!  I think you rant about it on social media how RTIC shows you no love!   :rofl: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I may open a FB account and just throw a fit ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Smokes_Up
    Options
    20 and 65 done and done. Thanks SGH
  • SGH
    Options
    Smokes_Up said:
    20 and 65 done and done. Thanks SGH
    My pleasure. Hope that you enjoy them my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,731
    Options
    Secured the small and medium size.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SGH
    Options
    Secured the small and medium size.
    Awesome. Hope that like them buddy. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @SGH and @Thatgrimguy - we are planning on going out on Labor Day weekend to the Chandeleur Islands.  There's a canal cut into one of them with a dock.  I think we have 6 boats so far including a trawler with central AC, bathroom, etc.  We're gonna camp and I plan on some BBQ.  I have a couple generators that can run fans, lights, music, AC.  Let me know if you're interested.  More the merrier.
    Options
    @SGH and @Thatgrimguy - we are planning on going out on Labor Day weekend to the Chandeleur Islands.  
    Brother that sounds like a blast. Do I need to bring the Bay Boat?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Maybe not.  It's not that far if you set out from Ocean Springs...I don't know where we'll leave from.  The trawler will be from the New Orleans marina.  I might go to Delacroix or drag the boat out to Mississippi.
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Maybe not.  It's not that far 
    It's 38.8 miles from the launch in Biloxi. Takes a little less than a hour to get there when loaded down. Can be there quicker when running naked. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    Can I sale you a cooler while I have your attention? You know I'm getting commission off of these ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    We can load up the trawler.  It cruises around 7 knots.  I will have around 6 people on my boat and a lot of cargo.  I'm gonna have to dump some cargo on the trawler to make room for passengers.
    Options
    SGH said:
    @nolaegghead
    Can I sale you a cooler while I have your attention? You know I'm getting commission off of these ;)
    Sure.  Get me a 65.  I'm good for it.  White.
    Options
    Sure.  Get me a 65.  I'm good for it.  White.
    Man that was easy, I need to get over in sales ;) In all seriousness, I ordered two of the 65's. You can look at them and if you like them I will gladly part with one. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Sweet!  SWMBO gave me crap when I bought that 107 qt a couple months ago....I'll weather the storm. 
    Options
    You can run out light for a day trip.  If you want to camp, bring a fan.  I'll have two generators.  AC in my tent....I don't even know what tents I have, but I think we have an 8 person.
    Options
    jakebge said:
    Has anyone pre-purchased the new ORCA Chaser?
    I didn't even know that they were making them until you mentioned them. They look real nice. The list them as 27 ounce. Wonder why they chose to go 3 ounces smaller than the Yeti instead of larger? But again, they look real nice.

Status- Standing by.

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    mahenryak said:
    I've got an Email sent to them.  They accept my zip code during the check out process but when I go to choose my state, Alaska, it is noticeably missing, along with Hawaii.  Not a shocker by any stretch, but I will be curious to see if they do ship up here.
    Sorrry @mahenryak

Does RTIC ship to PO boxes?

We ship to street addresses only (sorry no P.O. Boxes) within the 48 Contiguous United States. Sorry, we do not ship to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, Mexico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Military APO/FPO

____________________________________________________________________________

If you really want one maybe we can work something out where it ships to someone in the lower 48 and then they can turn around and ship it to you.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• auhoe
    auhoe Posts: 25
    Options
    There isn't any discount for pre-ordering, I will wait until they start shipping and have reviews.
    Lawrenceville, GA   XL Big Green Egg, Minimax, Flameboss, Maverick
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    I was an early reserver and got the email this morning as well.  While I'm still very, very interested (2 verys), there's just not much in life I'm willing to pay for NOW and wait 60-90 days to have shipped.  The Lambo with the custom paint job?  Maybe, if I were willing to part with that kind of scratch.  Dive trip to Bora Bora?  Now you're talking.  But a cooler ramping up production as it [maybe] fights off IP issues?  It's just not how I roll.  

I'll be watching the thread for news of how awesome all y'all say these babies are . . . sometime at the end of October or November.  For now, Imma grab the popcorn and sit back and watch the show.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .