Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs are on... can't wait to eat!

Options
Walter
Walter Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well,
Thanks everyone who gave me help about my rib "dilema." Got the racks cut in half then realized the ribs are just thick enough to get stuck between the wires of my adjustable V-rack. Decided to leave well enough alone and just laid those 6 sections of ribs directly on the grill. Sure fills the cooking surface! Trying to keep the temp in the 210 - 225 range to avoid too much charring. I'll flip them every 45 and move them around as color dictates. Looking forward to baby-backs for dinner MMMMMmmmmm GOOD!
-Walter

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Walter, would you believe... just took off two racks (Memphis-Style) and they were absolutely GREAT! [p]Good luck. I'll bet they turn out about perfect :~}

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ [/ul]
  • Walter
    Walter Posts: 67
    Options
    Gfw,
    The ribs were just that... GREAT! Much better than the last time I tried. Kept the temp at 210-220 the whole time and turned every 45 minutes or so. Only 1 of the half-racks was particularly crispy on the ends and it was the thinnest of the bunch. Family compliments actually brought a tear to my eye... they told me they were better than Outback's ribs - which means it's one less meal we'll be going out for :) Not sure how we ended up with any left over but I'm sure glad we did - because that's what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!
    -Walter