Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- bbq Arlington TX?

Options
texaswig
texaswig Posts: 2,682
Going to Rangers game with some buddies tomorrow night. I'm looking for some good bbq in Arlington.anybody know any? 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• texaswig
    Options
    Here's where we're going http://www.cokersbbq.com/

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Proser
    Proser Posts: 271
    Options
    Cokers is not bad, but not convient  to the ball park, David's BBQ on Park Row is a little closer and same quality, Eddie Deans is near the park and has good reviews, haven't been there.
    I live in SW Arlington and before egg went to Off The Bone in Forest Hills. Great ribs but a long way from where you are going

Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone
  • texaswig
    Options
    Ok. I'll maybe look at one of those than. Good thinking @Proser

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Proser
    Options
    There is no good way to get from point a to point b in Arlington so in my mind closer is better. 
    Going to the game tonight, hope it's better than last night
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Going to Rangers game with some buddies tomorrow night. I'm looking for some good bbq in Arlington.anybody know any? 
    Don't you mean you're going to the Giants game?   ;)
  • texaswig
    Options
    @Proser yeah lastnight was horrible. @Legume your just pissed because your closest baseball team is the Astros. Haha

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Legume
    Options
    No, I'm pissed because I'm not in town to go see a Giants game.
  • texaswig
    Options
    @Legume oh ok. They're playing the Yankees tomorrow. We may be leaving early. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Proser
    Options
    Come on now. We are ahead right now
  • Legume
    Options
    Ah, my bad, it's a weekend series with the Giants, Friday.
  • texaswig
    Options
    We'll have fun no matter what. We'll be seating on the 3 base side under the awning. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options

My preference would be David's over Coker's.....been a while for each and neither is bad, just my experience.  There is also Bodacious BBQ on E Division right by the stadium that used to be really good years ago when I worked in that area, but it's been a long time.  Very convenient to the ballpark though.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• texaswig
    Options
    Eddie dean's. Really good. Brisket was just ok. But the ribs and sausage were on point. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx