Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just bought first Egg!!

Options
Hey all newbie here making his first post... I just bought a BGE last week and got a chance to use it this past weekend.  My current smoker was getting old, as was my grill, so instead of replacing them both I opted for the BGE.  If I had known how awesome these things were, I would have made the purchase a long time ago.

Went to the butcher and saw they had pork butts on sale... so naturally I bought two 9#'s.  I figured that should be plenty for my wife and I.  :)

Anyway, here are some pics (please excuse the crappo cell pics... I told my wife to grab my camera and she brought out her cell phone):

This is 5 hours into the cook

Here they are after resting

And one of my sandwich

This was by far the best pulled pork I've ever made... not even close.  I placed an order (thanks to all the helpful info on here) for a Thermapen & the Maverick ET-733 which should be here any day now.  Now I am trying to decide between the platesetter or a spider.

Thanks for all the help thus far.

Comments