Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ontarians and maybe other Canucks)

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
Pork shoulder at Freshco this week for$0.97? lb

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Damnit! Knew I should have held off on that jerk pork cook! Thanks for the intel Steve!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Get ready, I was told by one of my reps today that pork is going to be going up.
  • Don_Piero
    Don_Piero Posts: 97
    Options
    Grazias!
    Piero from South Etobicoke in Toronto and sometimes Pinellas Park, St.Petersburg, XL-BGE
  • Don_Piero
    Options

Its not in their flyer, butt, I will check it out on the way home.

Piero from South Etobicoke in Toronto and sometimes Pinellas Park, St.Petersburg, XL-BGE
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I don't think we have Freshco in this part of Ontario, at least I have never heard of it.

Gerhard

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    Just off Coronation street?

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Don_Piero
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Checked it out, the only pork shoulder I saw was tiny and I think it was $4.21/kg This was the store at Hwy 7 and Dixie in Brampton. 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Maybe it is just the Orangeville store. Sorry guys.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,563
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Guess it's one of those YMMV deals.

Two weeks ago, No Frills (province wide?) had pork loins on sale for $1.44/lb, my local No Frills overstocked and was clearing a whole bunker of excess after the sale .... at 77 cents/lb, and it was Ontario pork, not US.  I picked up seven pieces, cooked some, made 20 lbs of Anglo-Indian sausages, and froze the remaining four pieces.

canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,563
    Options
    btw, anyone going to Niagara fest?  I'm attending as a cook's helper for a long time egger friend from PA.
    canuckland
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    I visited Toronto, Ontario one time not too long ago.  Is there a Freshco on ON-11, near where they sell that crappy poutine stuff ?  I blew out a boat trailer tyre near there.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]