Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs Delivery Tomorrow - Few Pics of their new home

Options
Sonny3
Sonny3 Posts: 455
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
I couldn't wait until tomorrow to post a few pics of the area where the XL and Med eggs will be living.  I have been working on their home for just a minute lately.

No pics of the kitchen and egg area though, didn't seem right without the eggs.  These are just the views from the cooks area and where we will be doing some good eating soon. I hope!

Hope you you don't mind my sharing.  I am really happy with the way things are turning out.  It is not just a place to cook but an oasis of relaxation for my wife and I.

The cooks view from behind the table:

Behind the table the rest of the area:

From behind the new bar in the cooking area.  This is where we will relax while cooking and then eat the food:

The wall at the end of the bar says it all, or at least most of it:

Can't wait to show off the egg area.  Simple but very functional.

Thanks for letting me share my little slice of heaven with you.
Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Slice of heaven is right.  Beautiful place.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    We don't like you at all!

No seriously that is a great place. To answer your question we don't mind you sharing. We want you to share! Post some cooks after they arrive. 

Once again great looking place! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Can I move in? I'll just pitch a tent in the back yard...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Don't mind at all, very nice and can't wait to see the final pics
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Show off! (Kidding) Nice space! Can't wait to see the egg landing spot. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I think I hate you a little already.  Keep posting so I'll know for sure. 
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Very nice job!  I don't know how you couldnt have fun there!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Um yeah, I want a invite. Seriously man beautiful setup can't wait to see the finished product.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Got drunk many times and wandered into sloppy joes, LMFAO 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Your eggs hit the jackpot!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Sonny3
    Options
    Thanks guys for the nice comments.  Some of the them are dang funny.  I am waiting on delivery any time now.  The delay today has been okay, I am tweaking a few things out there.  I am so ready to start cooking.

I know I have a lot to learn and I appreciate all of the knowledge that this forum has shared with me.

Thanks.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • Sonny3
    Options
    Is it bad luck that when your Eggs are being delivered it is pouring down rain.  This is the only pic I have taken so far and the lighting is not good.  But it is all good as I am sure I will have plenty of time with my new favorite toys.

On the downside, I see now that the shelving on my table needs to be adjusted.  Or at least I think so. I think the XL side can come down about 2 inches.  And the medium side down between 2&3 inches.  It may not be a problem, but they both look to be sitting a little on the high side.

I am open to suggestions and will post some better straight on shots when the weather clears a bit.

BTW the eggs are sitting on table nests over ceramic tiles with backerboard underneath them.  I am still waiting on the heat resistant/radiant heat protector samples to come in for testing.

But I have to tell you that at 67 years old, I don't remember too many times I have been more excited about beginning a new adventure.  Feeling really young again.
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    The eagle has landed  Congrats!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome and I am jealous of the Eggs new home.  I don't think it is bad luck for them to be delivered in a rain storm.  They got there in one piece right?  Before you lower the table make sure the hinge on the back has clearance.  Now it is time to start a new chapter in your life.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Sonny3
    Options
    @Ladeback69, yep measured the hinge gap when the tops are open between the hinge and the table.  That is why I think they can be lowered. I can lower them and the hinges will still clear the table.
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Very nice slice of paradise!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Beautiful slice of paradise. Congrats!  Now let's see some egging :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    So is that enclosure keeping you from getting out or something else from getting in? =)
  • Sonny3
    Options
    @Spaightlabs , We live in the East Coast of Central Florida, it would be impossible to use the space in the evening without the enclosure.  We live in a heavily wooded area with lots of water around, the mosquitoes would carry you away during the summer.  Also the screen keeps the pool at a very comfortable 85 degrees.  My wife and I are considered "Porch Monkeys" by the kids.  We never want to spend too much time inside.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    A porch monkey is vastly superior to a yard ape!

If we had bugs here I'd prolly do the same thing.

Lived in Vail for about 15 years - they didn't even bother putting screens on the windows when they built houses back then.  didn't need 'em - no bugs.

Great looking setup!  We live outdoors as well - just  pop the french doors open and hang on the deck.