Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What's your favorite tequila?

Options
2»

Comments

• SoCal_Griller
    Options
    Don Julio 1942 or Don Julio Anejo 
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    Not an expert by any means, but I like El Jimador, Milagro and Hornitos is a great value.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    OmahaOne said:
    K A H
    just started the skull collection, picked up the anejo for the weekend =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GRE1
    GRE1 Posts: 68
    Options
    Don Julio 1942
    XL times 2
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options
    Patron Anejo, or Cabo Wabo Anejo are typically located in my liquor cabinet...

Though, this last weekend, my wife and I used this for margaritas and I have to say, I was really impressed with the Costco Brand Tequila - I think it was around $60 canadian, so for the price, definitely a good value which I'll buy again.

[Insert clever signature line here]
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    Gotta 3rd the Kirkland Anejo tequila as well. It's $20USD for that bottle, and it's pretty damn tasty.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    For the record I haven't drank in years. But years ago when I was working in Tula, Mexico, I was introduced to Don. We got to be real good friends and spent a lot of time together. It was the only tequila that I ever liked. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Surprisingly I'm not a tequila aficionado. But I do enjoy the suggestions. Well done folks. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Big fan of tequila.  Those who say they like it all have never had $5/liter blanco in Nogales.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options
    well the kah anejo was really smooth, first tequila i could ever just sip on
    fukahwee maine

• HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Uno Dos Tres.  Smooth as silk, no afterburn, no morning after issues.  Rocks and a squeeze of lime and you're good to go.

K A H is pretty good to, but this kills it.  Patron platinum also is good, but the price is stoopid.

Trust me on this.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Uno Dos Tres.  Smooth as silk, no afterburn, no morning after issues.  Rocks and a squeeze of lime and you're good to go.

K A H is pretty good to, but this kills it.  Patron platinum also is good, but the price is stoopid.

Trust me on this.
    just checked with my liquor store online, they can get it but only in case form to be sold to me, would need to try it before diving that far in =)
    fukahwee maine

• jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options

Trust me on this.
    I've recently had these and agree, excellent brand. Many great tequilas out there, which is great news for a tequila hound like myself.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I like the entire lineup of Cabo Wabo. 
    #nomix 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • wepinsf
    wepinsf Posts: 49