Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork U has entered the world of egghead discussion, tips and tricks, and arguments!!!

Options
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and give a big thank you to all who have supported my small up and coming company of Pork U Seasonings and Rubs!!  Looks as if there are some great topics in here, plenty of **** talking...(Which I love) and some good arguments...(which I love even more)  I look forward to chiming in whenever it seems right.
WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

TWITTER.COM/PORKUNIVERSITY

PERISCOPE  PORK U

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Aren't you here in Atlanta???

Welcome to the playground!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• PorkU
    PorkU Posts: 32
    Options
    Aren't you here in Atlanta???

Welcome to the playground!
    I am in Woodstock...30 min north of Atlanta......
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Southside here....  Paying a visit to Roswell HW this afternoon! 

Glad to have ya here, @PorkU

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Welcome @PorkU !
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • PorkU
    Options
    Welcome @PorkU !

Thanks @HoustonEgger
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • PorkU
    Options

Nice!!  That's my home base every Saturday!1  I cook up there featuring Pork U with Coach Chris most Saturdays.  Need to come up there on a Saturday and eat with us!!
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    PorkU said:

Nice!!  That's my home base every Saturday!1  I cook up there featuring Pork U with Coach Chris most Saturdays.  Need to come up there on a Saturday and eat with us!!
    Sounds good!

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Welcome @PorkU!  It's always great to have a "rub master" as a resource on the forum.  Guys I haven't had a lot of his rubs but I did have his Garlic 101 rub on some pizza at a friends house a couple of weeks ago.  I have to say it was a great pop of flavor.  Unfortunately I'm overloaded with rubs from the exchange and SWMBO shut me down when I tried to buy the whole lineup.  I'm sure they are all excellent though!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Welcome @PorkU ... I still remember the amazing tacos you made at The Sunshine Sate Eggfest ... Amazing rubs  too  :)

LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • PorkU
    Options
    fljoemon said:
    Welcome @PorkU ... I still remember the amazing tacos you made at The Sunshine Sate Eggfest ... Amazing rubs  too  :)

WOW!!!!   Thanks for the great comment and picture!  Would you mind if I save that pic and give you the credit?  Love to post that on IG....
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • PorkU
    Options
    Welcome @PorkU!  It's always great to have a "rub master" as a resource on the forum.  Guys I haven't had a lot of his rubs but I did have his Garlic 101 rub on some pizza at a friends house a couple of weeks ago.  I have to say it was a great pop of flavor.  Unfortunately I'm overloaded with rubs from the exchange and SWMBO shut me down when I tried to buy the whole lineup.  I'm sure they are all excellent though!
    Thats @Grillin_beers I appreciate the kind words!!
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Sure .. go ahead and post it .. no need for credits :)
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I'm sure we can learn for your eggsperiences. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Welcome!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Welcome!  I am also in Woodstock.  I saw your address on your site and I drive right past you every time I go to the gym.  So, about once a month :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• PorkU
    Options
    Welcome!  I am also in Woodstock.  I saw your address on your site and I drive right past you every time I go to the gym.  So, about once a month :)
    hahaha...u and me both!!  Lifetime of LA fitness?
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    PorkU said:
    hahaha...u and me both!!  Lifetime of LA fitness?
    Lifetime.  

Do you sell at any retail locations in the area?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    I get his rubs at Roswell HW.

• Biff_Tannen
    Options
    Are your rubs typically moist?

Purchased the rib and beef rubs a few weeks ago and could hardly get it out of the bottle because it was so moist and clumped together. Not sure what happened to it. 
    Charlotte, NC
  • PorkU
    Options

Purchased the rib and beef rubs a few weeks ago and could hardly get it out of the bottle because it was so moist and clumped together. Not sure what happened to it. 
    I am sorry to hear that.  The rib rub will typically clump a bit due to the brown sugar in the recipe and due to the fact I don't use any chemicals or anti-caking agents to prevent it.  As for the Beef U there should not be any clumping for the most part.  I grind Beef U to be a semi coarse rub and it should pour out easily.  Let me know if you would like me to re send you out a fresh bottle.... 
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Welcome, not sure I have have seen any of your rubs and spices up here yet. Looking forward to some posts.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    PorkU said:

I am sorry to hear that.  The rib rub will typically clump a bit due to the brown sugar in the recipe and due to the fact I don't use any chemicals or anti-caking agents to prevent it.  As for the Beef U there should not be any clumping for the most part.  I grind Beef U to be a semi coarse rub and it should pour out easily.  Let me know if you would like me to re send you out a fresh bottle.... 
    Great customer service man! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Did you try microwaving the bottle for a bit? I think that helps with brown sugar that clumps together. Maybe it will work for this rub?

and welcome @PorkU :) make sure you catch up with all of the recent "sunk" threads. They don't get sunk for no reason!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Biff_Tannen
    Options
    PorkU said:

Right on. I appreciate the offer but don't worry about it. Both rubs tasted fantastic. The moisture was more apparent in the Rib Rub anyhow but thanks for the explanation of why. Will continue to use both. 
    Charlotte, NC
  • PorkU
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks @Grillin_beers and @caliking I appreciate it.  @Grillin_beers without great customer service i'm just another company!!
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • PorkU
    Options
    PorkU said:

Right on. I appreciate the offer but don't worry about it. Both rubs tasted fantastic. The moisture was more apparent in the Rib Rub anyhow but thanks for the explanation of why. Will continue to use both. 
    I do mean it though...if you need anything at all please let me know!
    WWW.PORKU.NET

FACEBOOK.COM/PORKU11

INSTAGRAM  PORK_U

PERISCOPE  PORK U
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    PorkU said:
    Thanks @Grillin_beers and @caliking I appreciate it.  @Grillin_beers without great customer service i'm just another company!!
    I like you.  I think you will fit in just fine around here.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

500 Posts: 3,177
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I do like the name of this rub.  Welcome aboard.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009