Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Viva Fajitas!!!

Options
pgprescott
pgprescott Posts: 14,544
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
well, time for the old stand by, steak fajitas. Flat iron steak and veggies all seasoned with Fajitaish by Dizzy Pig. Egg getting ready for the veg. 

Comments

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Looks good man!  Bring it home!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Veg is on. Oh, adult beverage is poured. Now we can truly begin. 
  • beachsmoke
    beachsmoke Posts: 644
    Options
    Looks like it's go time enjoy looks great
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am actually thinking of making steak fajitas tonight.  I was going use a sirloin steak and cook it in a CI skillet, but wonder if I ought to grill it first to rare then slice to cook with the veggies.  Looks great, by the way.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I am actually thinking of making steak fajitas tonight.  I was going use a sirloin steak and cook it in a CI skillet, but wonder if I ought to grill it first to rare then slice to cook with the veggies.  Looks great, by the way.
    I'm a big fan of cooking the proteins whole then slicing. It seems to keep the meat more moist and tender. Good luck. Looking forward to it. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice! I can never get enough of fajitas. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    Options
    Mouthwatering....
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    If you have a good butcher, hanger steak is a fantastic choice for fajitas.  The cut is ugly (to some) and irregular but tastes great, so old school butchers would keep them for themselves.  It is a bit more tender and juicy than skirt steak, the traditional fajita meat.

That is a great looking cook.  Thanks for posting it
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • pgprescott
    edited July 2015
    Options
    20stone said:
    If you have a good butcher, hanger steak is a fantastic choice for fajitas.  The cut is ugly (to some) and irregular but tastes great, so old school butchers would keep them for themselves.  It is a bit more tender and juicy than skirt steak, the traditional fajita meat.

That is a great looking cook.  Thanks for posting it
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of the flat iron steaks for fajitas and almost anything else for that matter. I cook them and serve family style often. Thanks for the praise. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    caliking said:
    Nice! I can never get enough of fajitas. 
    Same here. We live in a heavily Hispanic area, relative to our surroundings, and have yet to have anything close to our egged version. We fix them at least every couple weeks for us, usually more frequent. Cheers. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    OmahaOne said:
    Mouthwatering....
    Gracias @OmahaOne
  • Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    Options
    Great job, I use Hanger when it's available as well.
    thanks for sharing 
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I'm a big fan of cooking the proteins whole then slicing. It seems to keep the meat more moist and tender. Good luck. Looking forward to it. 
    I did just that.  It came out great.   Posted it a few minutes ago.   My son liked it a lot, he kept sneaking pieces of the steak rare before I mixed it in.  He ate it rare no ketchup.  Maybe I need to cook all his steaks rare from now on. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Nanook
    Nanook Posts: 846
    Options
    I'm on my way!!
    GWN