Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Pork Shoulder Roast - anyone

Options
jerseymatt
jerseymatt Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
got a 6lb boneless pork shoulder roast all tied up in a net thingy. Any ideas? should i keep it in the net or unroll that sucker and cook it direct?

Comments

• LOG
    LOG Posts: 85
    Options
    JerseyMatt,
    I do these all the time. I like them better than butts. Do not remove the net thingy. Treat it just as you would a normal butt or shoulder. Prep. times, temps etc. You will like it. You do loose some bark when removing the net, but you will like it.
    LOG

• jerseymatt
    Options
    LOG,
    Thanks for the info. I think i waited too long to ask my question...I have to eat it tonight.

• LOG
    LOG Posts: 85
    Options
    JerseyMatt,
    Not going to happen. They take me about 18-22 hours in my large.
    LOG

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    JerseyMatt,[p]Ed at Stoveworks has a 6 hour pulled pork method that isn't too bad in a pinch. You could also probably cook it as a roast and slice it.[p]Chuck
  • jerseymatt
    Options
    Chuck,
    Hey Chuck! Funny, i was just over to see ed and pick up some lump. What I decided was to take off the net, open it up flat, schmeer it with a Jerk paste I have and then I will cook it direct for 20 minutes a side. We'll see how it comes out - hopefully edible.