Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my double smoked ham was another success!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_0933.jpg
<p />Here's my 9 pounder prior to carving. The chopped pecans sprinkled on the last baste stuck perfectly and added a little kicker to complement the butter pecan in the marinade. Thanks, Dave Spence - just wish you would email me! BTW Dave it was 4-19-05 that you last emailed me - remember that promise???
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    RRP,
    What did you do in Perry, MO? I can't find Blues Hog in KC. If you have some stash I need it.[p]Mike[p]Ham looks great.

• RRP
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, I only drove 2 miles off my route to run into tiny Perry. It's on the South East edge of the Mark Twain Lake and the Clarence Cannon Dam. It's off route 19 which connects with 54 on down to Mexico. BTW Old Dave has even now sicced me on to Ozark Oak lump which is available at an IGA there in Mexico that he says is mighty rightous lump. Small world, huh? I don't have any "stash" of Blues Hog sauce right now to share with you but, here's a spot to order some - I really like the taste myself![p]We're going back to Centralia again in a few weeks and will run by Perry again and then swing by and stay at Hermann and drink some smashed grapes for fun!!!

[ul][li]Hawgeyes[/ul]
  • Larry McSass
    Options
    Ham.jpg
    <p />RRP,
    Kudos on the recipe. Ours was incredible.

• RRP
    Options
    Larry McSass,
    I'm glad for you!...and please accept my apologizes from last night's post...I just incorrectly envisioned a newbie who was rolling the big dice on his very first BGE cook and I was suggesting a 24 hour cooling off period!!! Then when I read your post tonight and your ref to using your BBQ Guru I slapped my head and said "You're probably 18 miles ahead of me NOW even though I started egging 6 years ago! Go for it and let dummies like me learn!

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    RRP,
    Wow! Your ham looks excellent.
    Clay

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    RRP,
    looks great, did you find all the ingrediants, any substitutions. i need to make one of those

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    Options
    fishlessman,
    I've been doing that cook for 4 years now, so I always have the extracts on hand or can easily obtain them from five Watkins dealers in our locale. Do try it - it's worth the effort plus makes terrific cold ham sandwiches later plus an extraordinary ham and bean soup.