Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Handle upgrade

Options
Looking to upgrade my Large handle to the new style.  search isn't working for me.  Haven't hear back from the Mothership yet.
Anyone know if this is possible?  If so how much does it run?  It looks like it involves a new bracket and handle.  

TIA!

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I called the mother ship a while ago about handles , not new model and they were like $12 or so. They should have everything you need at the store. Give it a call.
    Seattle, WA
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Switching to old style short handle to newer style longer handle takes a new band as well.  Predrilled holes on old band doesn't match the new bolt patterns needed for new handle assembly.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• snoqualmiesmoker
    Options
    Switching to old style short handle to newer style longer handle takes a new band as well.  Predrilled holes on old band doesn't match the new bolt patterns needed for new handle assembly.

Can you order a new band?  or is it band and the hinge as well.  Guess its cheaper to have a handle made haha.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Complete band assembly includes a new hinge/bands/handle.  I don't see bands as an option to order.  We see new bands every once in a while when bands are replaced.  I have given away a few of these bands so Eggers could do exactly what you speak of (upgrade to newer handles).

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Do you just not like your present handle design? If so then investigate a custom made replacement. That would be a far cheaper route. Or you could make your own for whatever size you want and then drill holes in your band and attach it. Here's a rigid metal one I made to replace the bale style handle on my Mini. Then the wood handle itself was made by the Lawn Ranger to match my other handles from him.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.