Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frozen Hamburger Patties ??

Options
I know the first response from everyone is fresh is better and I totally agree, but for a quick fix or large group has anyone used any of these frozen burgers and if so whats your brand of choice and any cooking secrets to make them really work ?? 

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I assume you mean the Bubba Burger - right? Personally I egged one and threw it out along with the rest of the frozen pucks! It seems like of the responders it boiled down to those who were fed. them as children liked them and those later in life to try them hated them! I instead buy a 10 pound tube of ground chuck, freeze it for an hour or 2 and then cut off my burgers, then freeze them overnight on a cookie sheet and then vacuum package them in quantities we like in Food Saver bags. A package will thaw in the frig overnight or on the counter in 3 or 4 hours. These beat Bubba Burgers hands down!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    For a frozen burger; bubba burgers are good. Always get good reviews with anyone I'm feeding... You got room for 10lbs of burgers in your freezer, do what Ron says....

Otherwise, make things easy on the host and just give bubbas a try 
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Dogfood beats Bubba Burgers. 
  • heartmedic
    heartmedic Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Just what I was expecting. Bubba"s are not cheep either and the extra money would be well spent on the real deals. Everyone have a fantastic EGG July 4th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Have you ever had bubba's? You should at least get a single box before passing judgement... For a frozen patty
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I can tolerate one of the Vidalia burgers......but don't go there on my nickel. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    The frozen Kirkland brand burgers available at Costco are fairly decent. For a big party, I buy these and throw them on my Weber gasser and they come out good.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No idea why someone would have a problem with bubba burgers. Look at the ingredients. There is nothing in them but beef. They are fatty. But great (compared to any other frozen patty I have ever had)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Bubba's are just fine for a frozen burger i guess im just not as high class as others 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    At a certain quantity, your grocer will patty them for you....
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    No idea why someone would have a problem with bubba burgers. Look at the ingredients. There is nothing in them but beef. They are fatty. But great (compared to any other frozen patty I have ever had)
    To each his own. I replied based on my personal experience with Bubba Burgers and also from recalling when this topic was beaten to death elsewhere. If you like them then fine! It's still America and we still can express our opinions...right? Peace - bro!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Bubba burgers in an emergency, ok.  How hard is it to get good fresh ground chuck (or sirloin for that matter) and put patties together?  Fresh tastes better to me.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CanadianAnvil
    Options
    My family owns a dairy operation and a beef feed lit so we sent beef out to butcher. My wife comes from the city so when we are out between sides we split with my parents she buys Presidents choice ones from the store. Def not ad good but she likes them