Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat Church Rub

Options
Hawg Fan
Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
It's going to be a Meat Church Independence Day for me.  My rub order arrived yesterday and I plan on trying out all 3 this weekend.  Any suggestion on a cook for any of the 3 rubs?

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Same exact package I got. Pretty universal products depending on what you are looking for as your result. I've primarily used Holy Cow on beef and the other two on pork and chicken, but don't limit yourself 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    If it's your first time. You dont need to go heavy on the Holy Cow...second...the HHHot if you taste test has a kick....it cooks down a bit but not a lot. Go heavy on the HHog on butts and such. The HC is the only one i press in with fingers the others dont need much as they stick and dissolve in pretty good. Good choice and have fun. 
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    If it's your first time. You dont need to go heavy on the Holy Cow...second...the HHHot if you taste test has a kick....it cooks down a bit but not a lot. Go heavy on the HHog on butts and such. The HC is the only one i press in with fingers the others dont need much as they stick and dissolve in pretty good. Good choice and have fun. 
    Thanks for the tips.  I tasted all 3 and the HHH definitely has a kick.  It should be good on wings. I used the Honey Hog on some spiralized potatoes tonight and really liked the flavor.  The Holy Cow is really salty.  Gonna go light on it first time around as you suggested.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Love all three.  You'll love them as well and are in for a good weekend of eats.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    Baby back ribs, heavy honey hog on top, light honey hog hot on bottom. Aces!

Holy Cow is a great brisket flavor. 

You wont be disappointed
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have been using the holy cow on chuckies they come out great. Sure it would also be great on a brisket. The flavored hold up well on long cooks. The honey hog was good but didn't stand out like the holy cow. I have a full jar of the hot that I got last week but haven't tried yet but can't wait. The dees nuts was really good on wings and I'm not usually big on rubs like that so give it a try if you order again. Put it on some wings a couple weeks ago and one of the ladies that came with a friend that I had never met said you just can't get wings like this around here.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I used the Holy Cow on a brisket and on some ribeyes.  It was very good.  I put some Honey Hog Hot on some chicken wings and I was pretty liberal with it.  It packed quite a punch after a few wings.
    I'm smoking a couple racks of baby back ribs this weekend and I'll probably do one with Honey Hog Hot and the other with regular Honey Hog for SWMBO.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio