Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Custom built wooden table for XL BGE, help/thoughts with plans/design

Options
So I just made the plunge and picked up the XL BGE and nest, I really want to build a custom table, but am not the best DIY person.  Don't get me wrong, I feel confident if I had the right plans I can do it, but making from scratch without any direction/plans, would be an issue.  Any thoughts from some of you guys out there.  I saw some amazing pictures of tables.  
Northern Jersey
XL BGE  |  XL Adjustable Rig Combo  |  CyberQ  |  Maverick 733

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Since you have the nest already have you thought about just purchasing a prep table? It might be the easier solution in your situation. Some here will use stainless steel tables from Sams Club/Costco with the nest. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Welcome to the forum and to the lifestyle!

@WeberWho? makes a good point. An alternative to buying a prep table is to give yourself time to do several cooks so you can get an idea of what you might want/need.

There are an unlimited number of ways you can go table-wise from DIY to pre-built. One good starting point for plans is here:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/tableplans/tableplans.htm

It's been a while since I looked at these and, I believe they are for a large egg. There may be instructions for the XL... you'll just have to look.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.