Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Sighting

Options
Just saw this display in the local grocery store (Longos). Does not look like they are selling them. I wonder how many people look at it and wonder what it is? Anyone else seen this type of display in a store that doesn't sell eggs (the Big Green variety that is)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    People looking at the display with think it is a beer cooler that converts I to a marshmallow cooker
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Just roll it up to the cash and put a sticker on it!

Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I think I'll go back into the store this weekend and ask what their plans are for the egg once the display comes down. Maybe they will make me a good price on it. There is a Home Hardware store across the street that sells eggs but, there's no signage on the egg to indicate that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Owner wants an egg.  Now he can write it off as advertising.
    BINGO....................
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think I'll go back into the store this weekend and ask what their plans are for the egg once the display comes down. Maybe they will make me a good price on it. There is a Home Hardware store across the street that sells eggs but, there's no signage on the egg to indicate that.
    Eggciting! Don't bother my friend, I just struck a deal with the store manager. You snoose you loze! Thanks for the heads up  =)
    http://www.tinyurl.com/ThisEggIsMine

canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Have seen a similar use for the BGE in a liquor store a few doors down from a hardware store that sells BGE's.  Figured the store was just looking to pump up bourbon sales.  They (edit: BGE's) are definitely gaining in public appearances...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Eggciting! Don't bother my friend, I just struck a deal with the store manager. You snoose you loze! Thanks for the heads up  =)
    http://www.tinyurl.com/ThisEggIsMine

Gary, can't think of anyone I'd rather see that egg go to than you! Enjoy it!
    Options
    I bet egg ceramics would work pretty well for keeping beers cold.  Probably harder to regulate temperature though.
    NOLA
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Gary, can't think of anyone I'd rather see that egg go to than you! Enjoy it!
    Thanks John but I was Just kidding! I already have an XL and a L and they are underused, had to do a clean burn two days ago to rid the XL of mold. Go for it, it's still yours  ;)  Nowadays eggs are not the be all and end all for me!
    canuckland
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @Mickey nailed it.  Wish I could get a small and write it off next to a lemonade stand ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Canugghead
    Options
    OP will be eating a lot of frozen patties for a month  ;)

canuckland
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Interesting... did not see anything about that in the store.
    Options
    @Canugghead that explains it.  @TexanOfTheNorth I saw a similar crappy setup at Longos (Weston Rd. and Rutherford in Woodbridge).  Wasn't set in the nest properly as the lower vent was covered by one of the upright supports.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Canugghead
    edited June 2015
    Options
    do you think some of these draws could be 'Rickked'  ;)
    canuckland
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    @Canugghead @TexanOfTheNorth odd little promotion as there is no signage around the egg and it is nowhere near the "grill it" area in the store.  Looks like a small but I can't see how it is worth 1200 bucks.  Entered but will give it to my sister if I win as she is hooked after the T.O. eggfest.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    The one in the store looked like a medium. I need to pick up a few things there later today and plan to ask the store manager about it.
    Options
    @Canugghead @TexanOfTheNorth odd little promotion as there is no signage around the egg and it is nowhere near the "grill it" area in the store.  Looks like a small but I can't see how it is worth 1200 bucks.  Entered but will give it to my sister if I win as she is hooked after the T.O. eggfest.
    Agreed. Was just back in there today and they'd moved the egg to a new location in the store. I actually had to ask where it was as it is tucked under some shelves and not really visible at all. I'm opting out on this one as I have intention any of those frozen burgers.

Good luck @gabriegger!
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth Thanks man.  Bought those to stuff in the faces of kids coming for a visit.  Hotdogs too.  Living large! Haven't seen any details on the draw as if one win per store or one over all the Longos stores.  Couldn't find a manager who knew what was going on.  Corporate promo for sure.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth Thanks man.  Bought those to stuff in the faces of kids coming for a visit.  Hotdogs too.  Living large! Haven't seen any details on the draw as if one win per store or one over all the Longos stores.  Couldn't find a manager who knew what was going on.  Corporate promo for sure.
    And, obviously, not a very good one!
    Options
    Found the flyer that Gary posted above, online and read contest rules and regs available at the "Personal Touch Counter" at participating stores.

• gabriegger
    Options
    Found the flyer that Gary posted above, online and read contest rules and regs available at the "Personal Touch Counter" at participating stores.

• gabriegger
    Options
    Oops!  Damn it!

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Oops!  Damn it!
    That's okay. You need to get that post count up anyway.