Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Cook - Pleasantly Surprised

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
So I was looking for a brisket the last few days, but if anyone had any they wanted around $9/lb. No way I was paying that. Was in the vicinity of a small family run meat packing joint so I figured I would stop in. 

Walked away way with an 11.5# CAB packer for $4.29/lb. This place has definitely earned my business when looking for specialty cuts. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited June 2015
    Options
    That is fantastic...very good price for the quality. NICE
    Be sure to check with them for some other hard to find cuts like Tri-Tip and Hanger Steak.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Mike, not sure where you are, but I saw a packer in the Manchester Walmart a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if that's going to be a regular thing or not.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    And by the way... name and address of your meat packer please. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "Carolina Q" 

Thanks for the tip about Wally World, I stopped in and found the same for the same price. 

I am located in Southeastern CT, and have 2 places within 15 miles or so:

- Salem Prime Cuts at the intersection of RT 82 and RT 85 in Salem.
    - I picked up this brisky from Westerly Packing in Westerly, RI - the soupy capital of the world, or at least this part of the world. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    Great find for CAB!  Let us know how it turns out when you cook that bad boy!