Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

why you need two eggs

Options
made my first brisket today. While the brisket was cooking in the LBGE,made a pizza for lunch on MM. Then when the brisket was done threw a pot of chili on the LBGE. Great of egging. No pic of the chili thou. Had it put away before I remembered I didn't get a pic. 

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    If you had 3 eggs you could have done the chili at the same time.
  • RiverDoc
    RiverDoc Posts: 572
    Options
    +1 @Lit , @mtbguy that looks great what size stone did you use for your pizza?
    -Todd
    Franklin N.C. LBGE and a SBGE
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Good idea! I frequently use my small to cook supper while the large is busy with a low & slow.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    If you had a 4th egg you could have done ribs too
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    We are a two egg family and proud to be so. We have my in laws and extended family over often and it really became a must. 

I am thinking of adding an XL to the mix. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    When my boys get older to the point they actually eat what I'm pulling off the egg, then I shall strike with two.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    A few weeks ago I was cooking pizza on my XL and I needed to cook a steak for one of the pizzas for the Throwdown, so used my little Kahuna.  Wish is was a MM, but you have to take what SWMBO will let you have.  I have also had a time when I wish I had a medium to go along with them also, but guess I could get my WSM back from my neighbor if I need to.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Good looking cooks!

I don't know if I "need" two eggs, but I have two eggs, and would like to have third. 
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    I've got two larges and just added the small - agree with ibanda that I'm not sure I "needed" the 3rd egg - but it defintely comes in very handy for large cooks with different temperatures. Just the other day I had a 17lb brisket on one egg, a 10lb pork butt on the other and then did quick kabobs for lunch on the small. Not too shabby
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I've got two larges and just added the small - agree with ibanda that I'm not sure I "needed" the 3rd egg - but it defintely comes in very handy for large cooks with different temperatures. Just the other day I had a 17lb brisket on one egg, a 10lb pork butt on the other and then did quick kabobs for lunch on the small. Not too shabby
    I like the way you think and cook! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    I definitely agree, I just have the XL, and I really want to add a L or M. XL is great, but for quick cooks I think a smaller size would be very handy, as well as helping out with big cooks at different temperatures.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    The wife asked me why I needed two eggs. I asked her why she needed a double oven.....
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    I also started on the XL and added a Medium last year. If I could do it over today I would have gotten a Large as my second Egg. The M cooks OK but sure needs to be cleaned out often as it fills with ash fairly quickly. Obviously I am not a clean it out every time kind of guy.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    The wife asked me why I needed two eggs. I asked her why she needed a double oven.....

Heck we hardly use our oven anymore.  Mostly to cook a pizza for the kid, because he doesn't like the way the pizza taste when cooked on the egg or for baking cakes and muffins.  Not much else.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Ha! And I bet you use the eggs more then she uses the ovens!
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I like the way you think and cook! 
    Yes, I like the way you think and cook also. I have a small and a large, and am wanting another large. I want to take several racks of ribs and 60 ABTs (works well on my double decker adjustable rig setup) to a party this weekend and two larges would do the trick!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    RiverDoc said:
    +1 @Lit , @mtbguy that looks great what size stone did you use for your pizza?
    I use the 12" medium bge stone works great. I also use it with the woo. 
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Options
    Or why does your stove need 4 burners?

Living Large and XL

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I don't need two eggs. I have two though, a large and a mini. Have for about 5 years now. I have never had them both in use at the same time. Not once.

As for ovens, I have never lived in a house with two of them. Not growing up, not in college, not through the next 40+ years either. Never even considered a double oven. Like the egg, don't need two.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I use both quite often