Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lunch Thief

Options
Ok, so I'm at work and brought some leftover pulled pork for lunch.  I wrapped it foil and put it in the toaster oven with a little sauce to warm.  I walked back to my office for a second and saw "someone" headed to the breakroom.  I decided I needed to go guard the toaster oven.  This person was alone with my lunch for less than 15 seconds.  By the time I got in the breakroom, she had removed my lunch and was opening the foil packet! 

Step away from the pork and no one will get hurt!

People are crazy - if you didn't bring it, then don't eat it.  Grr!

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Is "someone" a repeat offender? I don't deal with this in my current office, but I remember the audacity of people when I was on the floor.
  • GeorgiaGirl
    Options
    Is "someone" a repeat offender? I don't deal with this in my current office, but I remember the audacity of people when I was on the floor.

Not sure, but they are known for being really nosy. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sounds like you already had a sneaking suspicion that "somebody" just may try and abscond with your lunch.  Shame on them!!  Hahaha

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    You almost can't blame someone for taking the risk of getting caught - for home made BBQ! It was the lure of the pork!  Kidding aside, that is a low-life thing to do.  A long time ago, when I was literally starving poor, I had a co-worker steal my lunch out of the fridge at work.  Sad thing was, it was a baloney sandwich(remember, I was starving poor then!) ....they stole a baloney sandwich!!!
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    At my last job a girl had a complete meltdown because someone kept stealing all of her yogurt.  The situation quickly devolved into her throwing staplers and eventually her computer all while sobbing.  As I stood behind my closed office door, I remember thinking that this wasn't going to end well for her.  She was promptly fired.  The funniest part was the next day when it was revealed that someone had moved them all into a drawer of the fridge to clear up space. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    At my last job a girl had a complete meltdown because someone kept stealing all of her yogurt.  The situation quickly devolved into her throwing staplers and eventually her computer all while sobbing.  As I stood behind my closed office door, I remember thinking that this wasn't going to end well for her.  She was promptly fired.  The funniest part was the next day when it was revealed that someone had moved them all into a drawer of the fridge to clear up space. 
    How did you like her yogurt?  :tongue: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Feed the hungry man....feed the hungry.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Lmao makes me glad I fly solo and don't have to worry about this issue. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I go home for lunch everyday. I don't miss the break room shenanigans! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    cazzy said:
    How did you like her yogurt?  :tongue: 
    I would have eaten her yogurt if I had known she was going to react like that.  She was terrible to be around. If I'm not mistaken, they sent an intern to deliver her yogurt to her.  I would have hated to be that guy. 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Nothing is worse than a thief. 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I don't know what worse....  a meat thief or the unfortunate timing of the poor kid that was the intern!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Last time I brought in my ribs for lunch, I brought extra for others to try.  Always nice to share, but they must wait tell you offer.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Any time I have BBQ leftovers from the egg I bring all of it in for my employees and they are quite gracious.    

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GeorgiaGirl
    Options
    Last time I brought in my ribs for lunch, I brought extra for others to try.  Always nice to share, but they must wait tell you offer.
    I agree and I have brought in food many times, usually baked items. I have even cooked an entire meal for this person when they returned to work from a leave of absence. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I brought some leftover brisket in for lunch one day.  One RARE day as I usually go out to lunch everyday to get away from my desk for a bit.
    Well, I had brought extra in to share with the office.  I'm always talking about my Egg and always yielding inquisitive questions about what I cooked over the weekend so I figured I would.
    I sent an office email (approx 18 people) letting them know it was in there.  I proceeded to get thanks from 8 people telling me how amazing it was and another couple let me know that they went to the kitchen immediately after receiving the email and it was all gone!  I still haven't heard the end of it.  Guess it's time to bring more smoked goodness in to share.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I actually did the complete opposite. I padlocked my coworkers lunch box to the grate of the work refrigerator for fun.  So she ended up carrying the whole refrigerator grate to the lunch table to eat her lunch.  I never admitted to the prank but she had fun with it. Good times.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's a pretty low thing to do. What did she have to say when you found her opening up your lunch?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    I agree and I have brought in food many times, usually baked items. I have even cooked an entire meal for this person when they returned to work from a leave of absence. 
    No good deed goes unpunished
  • GeorgiaGirl
    Options
    caliking said:
    That's a pretty low thing to do. What did she have to say when you found her opening up your lunch?

Some gibberish about being worried someone left the toaster oven on by mistake.  But that doesn't explain why she was holding the foil packet of warm goodness... 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Maybe she is a Kamando Joe owner and she is secretly stealing your recipes..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    It's a self proclamation of redistributing the wealth...but, in your case redistributing the Q.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    I would set the trapput some nuclear hot sauce deep enough in the middle so by the time they get to the third or fourth full mouthful  they get the full effect.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Years ago in another lifetime our bank cafeteria had 2 huge side by side refrigerators and the kitchen staff used 3 of the 4 sections and the 4th was for people who brought their own lunches. At that time I was loving V-8 juice as an afternoon drink and I would bring in 6 of the 12 oz cans every Monday. Nobody ever bothered them since as an employee benefit there was a canned soda machine in the cafeteria that was FREE! One time a person from another branch came in to see me and I offered him a V-8. Thereafter I started missing a can or two a week and finally discovered word had circulated out at the branches that if you didn't want a free soda then there were FREE V-8 cans in the refrig! A sign in front of my cans put an end to that!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.