Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

French Toast Kabobs

Options
My 7 year old cousin is staying with us this week. I have been cooking breakfast everyday and we were out of basic menu items. Already had made; french toast, pancakes, bacon and eggs, and omelets. We decided to look on the internet for ideas. Came across "french toast kabobs" and my cousin fell in love with the idea. I figured what the heck, I'm missing most of their recipe but I can do the same thing with my recipe for french toast, sub the bread for Hawaiian rolls and use the egg to do it proper!

First, I got the egg up nice and hot. Set it up for half indirect and half direct.

Then I got the kabobs prepped. The tray has the milk/egg/cinnamon/melted butter/vanilla,coconut and almond extracts in it.

Then set up the skewers

Put it on the egg

and added some bacon to the direct side (I'll just do the bacon on the griddle from now on.)

And the finished product!

My cousin declared it the best breakfast she has ever eaten. They were WONDERFUL. I had a couple get over toasty because I was fighting the bacon flare ups and not paying close enough attention. (the half moon stone is weird with air flow too.)

But the best looking one, was beautiful! And I will absolutely be doing this again and often!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Any extra rooms at your place? 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    And there I thought this was gonna be another black stone post. Very cool. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    And there I thought this was gonna be another black stone post. Very cool. 
    I thought about putting "egg'd" in the title. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Looks great.  I like experimenting.  Maybe cook them higher in the dome next time?  I
    Milton, GA.
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited June 2015
    Options
    flynnbob said:
    Looks great.  I like experimenting.  Maybe cook them higher in the dome next time?  I
    Higher in the dome, and full indirect. The full indirect would have done it. They were getting crispy because I was trying to mess with the bacon that should have just gone on my new griddle.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Great on the fly cook....   Making a 7 yr old happy is great 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Great on the fly cook....   Making a 7 yr old happy is great 
    Kids always push the envelope.  Funny thing is she had NO interest in french toast. Wouldn't even eat it the day I made it. (was the best I had ever made too)  But the french toast kabobs are the best thing she has ever eaten, lol.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Looks like EggFest food. That is new and cool
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Looks like EggFest food. That is new and cool
    Thanks Mickey! It was a fun cook.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It looks mighty fine from where I'm sitting brother grim. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.