Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First warranty claim

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
well I've hade the egg less than 6months and it's time to make a claim.  Started with my local dealer who was good during the sale but now that I need help seems to be a little dismissive.  Tried 2 other local dealers and because I didn't buy from them they aren't willing to help me (they didn't sell the 6mos ago).  I've left a voicemail for  Bruce let's see how it goes. Have broken fireboxand a hairline fracture in the plate setter. I have absolute confidence that BGE will make it right just hate the local sales centers for lack of help.  I may reach out to the distribution center as they are only 30mib away. 
XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• msocko3
    msocko3 Posts: 35
    Options
    Bruce took care of my cracked fire ring, when my dealer turned out to be a turd.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Dismissive?  Really and you bought both eggs from this dealer too? :nuh_uh: not cool
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    I don't like the other dealers were not willing to help either.  Here in Columbia, SC, I have received warranty assistance from ACE Hardware and more recently Jack Oliver and neither sold me my Egg.   Especially Jack Oliver has been helpful and more importantly, glad to help me.  I know consider him "my" dealer.   I would pass along your experience to The Mothership.  Glad Bruce took care of you.   
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • ryantt
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL lack of return phone calls seems dismissive to me. I'm sure Bruce will take good care of me.  It's just a little frustrating.  I've got one other dealer about 30min away.  I'm hoping they can help me out.  

• BBQ_Tom
    BBQ_Tom Posts: 7
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have a crack in my fire ring as well.  I was told that BGE won't normally act too fast on a single crack because it doesn't really affect the cooking.  Normally they would wait until two or three cracks where the ring can no longer stay together.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I wonder if the newer dealers don't understand that it won't cost them, or fear they may have to give you something out of current inventory if they don't have much stock.
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    If the other dealer is Litehouse don't bother.  I'm going on 7 weeks waiting for an XL fire grate.  
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • ryantt
    Options
    @bbqTom  it is completely crumbled. 

@legume the one dealer told me they had no idea what to do, and didn't want to get involved because I didn't get my egg there

@jcaspary lighthouse in canton was my second call after the original dealer has yet to return calls.  

I'm not worried about the fact it's broken other than the charcoal great won't stay in place..lump keeps falling down into ash collection area. I'll post a few photos soon.  

• ryantt
    Options
    Can't show bottom part that's cracked as well because I filled it up last night with lump to cook

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    are those burkets?
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I am spoiled with my dealer.  My fire box cracked about 6 months after I got and I sent photos of it to them and had a new one in a couple weeks.  Same with the crack in my plate setter recently.  I have a new setting in the garage waiting tell the other one brakes.  Just keep on them @ryantt, but the mother ship or the distributor should help.  Good luck. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • ryantt
    Options
    @legume kind of used Humphrey all natural hardwood charcoal in the  chimney starter to get it hot fast for burgers.  It was only $14 a bag and thought let's try it and see how it goes.