Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm done with OO

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
edited June 2015 in EggHead Forum
In years of using OO I've never found trash....today, 2 rocks or pieces of kiln. That's it. I'm done. 2 strikes and your out. I'm going to Royal Oak. 
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    I get it in all brands from time to time
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    And the bull$hit meter is wrapped around the high peg!  BTW-congrats on your Boro fest.  Reads like a great time from here!  Until the next one
    :peace: 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    That stuff has gone straight to hell lately. 

• tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    I knew he was shooting the s...
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Like you have a choice  =)
    Jacksonville FL
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Maybe you & @lit could go in on a mail order of lump!!!  Lol

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    Options
    ...but it looks like you got your rocks off before you lit the egg, right? :rofl: 
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • bo_mull
    bo_mull Posts: 363
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you're done with OO, can I buy what you have left over? I will trade you some cowboy lump fer your OO  =)

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    SAY IT AIN'T SO COACH......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Good one...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Check the bag...are you sure you weren't burning RO?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Tony done just went to the dark side of full troll.
    I heard it live when @henapple swore off OO.  WTF???  I thought I was hearing things while drunk!  In fact, one of those rocks came from my small from the OO I bummed.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    You know, I have never found rocks in Kingsford. Seems like a wise choice.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Man you put da scare on me. Had just bought two bags of oo flour for pizza dough. Carry on !
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    I think OO is actually done with you.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    My last bag of Rockwood had a huge piece of metal in it . IM gonna stick with my OO i think never had a bad bag
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    my last bag of Rockwood was full of various sized chunks of charred wood. What the hell am I supposed to do with that stuff, burn it? It's already burnt.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• gpmichal
    gpmichal Posts: 10
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What happened to you using Rockwood Henapple?  Before you left TN that's all you used.  What is OO anyway?
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'll never leave tennessee hopefully. I use both but Royal Oak on my petroleum chicken.  :o
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    If I didnt know any better I would say something was up at the OO kilin. The last couple of bags I've opened had lots of pieces that still had the bark on it.  Seems like once they knew they were selling/closing they didn't give a **** anymore about their quality. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    If I didnt know any better I would say something was up at the OO kilin. The last couple of bags I've opened had lots of pieces that still had the bark on it.  Seems like once they knew they were selling/closing they didn't give a **** anymore about their quality. 
    Could be. I know from stories of past experiences with OO plus my personal 3 times I called over the years.  Twice I got a sweet sounding Southern sweetie who answered my questions but the last time I got a gruff old a-hole who was nasty and hung up on me. My point is if the employees put up with him then when they discovered they were out of a job after putting up with him then I bet you're right - attention to detail and what went in or out of the kilns at the end may have been questionable! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Ron I got the same guy. Hung on me. So I called Blake and he called too he hung up on him too. Only after I heard they were "closing" did I put it together. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.